Rate Dak’s performace

khiladi

Reaction score
Cowboys with Dak as starting QB: 1-2 in playoffs

Cowboys with Dak since the start of 2017: 38-28

Cowboys with Dak the last 7 games: 4-3

See how that can be done?

The Giants abd Commanders have been complete trash during the time Dak has been here And quite a few of them were meaningless games, when both Dallas and these other teams had nothing to play for, including out of the race.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I used multiple points…I used one point in response to your ZERO claim…. facts are Cooper Rush had four years off and did what he did, let alone Dalton, who put up even better numbers against a Vikings team and didn’t choke either, unlike Dak who threw the ball at Zeke’s feet, while still having a loaded OL..
he can't throw to the left, his footwork is crap.

lopey

Reaction score
I know some guys think Dak is bad.. but I'm not in that camp 100%.. my fault is that he has never been good enough to be a starting QB.. and nowhere near good enough to be your 'Franchise' QB. Dak on a Rookie contract as back up for Romo? Perfection. Dak holding down the fort while we look for a franchise QB? Yep, I can live with that. Paying Dak near league leading money (and stupid stupid money) to be a slightly above average and falling QB? Yeah, Nah.

The problem has ALWAYS been his chronic overhype by his fans and this organisation. Buying into this stupid narrative that he was some kind of wonder kid because he took off a fully primed SB contender and took them to the Divisional game (where he got smashed)... and then has done absolutely NOTHING since.

Dak has been in steady decline since the second half of his rookie year.. and now we have his huge contract to pay and are GOING to lose some serious players to keep under the cap. That will hurt next season and many seasons after that. And why do we have this monster contract? Because DakMania sells.. it sells jerseys and beds and everything else.

The reality is that Dak is not terrible.. he isn't the worst QB in the league (even in this slump).. but he is nowhere NEAR the elite level that justifies the money he demanded and got.

Now go back and imagine if Romo had come back.. there is a SB.. or imagine that we had gone hard for TB.. maybe that is another SB.. or maybe we had traded up and got a real franchise QB.. I have always believed you could have thrown literally any QB behind our line in 2016 and won games. We were that good and Zeke was beyond what the league could handle with young, fast energetic legs. For those who still think Dak is the answer.. I suggest watching other games.. look at some of the unbelievable QB play out there and then come back and apologise.

But I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost and we aren't making a change at QB now.. so now I have to hope and pray Dak can find something, this offence can find something and we can find a way to win with our QB bus driver because it has been too long. So for right now.. Go Dak Go.[/QUOTE

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
meh-whatever.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
C

I am beginning to think he's hurt. I can't understand how he went from the QB in the first half the season to one now that looks like a backup. He has no desire to threaten teams downfield, everything is a dink or dump off. How much of that is also Moore, I don't know. But this O has a lot of problems - Dak, Elliott, the LT spot when Smith isn't there, playcalling, especially in the red zone, etc.
With so much going on, its hard as a fan to really nail down what the problem is. I think its really a little bit of everything. Unfortunately if I am right, that means its probably unlikely that everything is where it needs to be come playoff time

khiladi

Reaction score
I know some guys think Dak is bad.. but I'm not in that camp 100%.. my fault is that he has never been good enough to be a starting QB.. and nowhere near good enough to be your 'Franchise' QB. Dak on a Rookie contract as back up for Romo? Perfection. Dak holding down the fort while we look for a franchise QB? Yep, I can live with that. Paying Dak near league leading money (and stupid stupid money) to be a slightly above average and falling QB? Yeah, Nah.

The problem has ALWAYS been his chronic overhype by his fans and this organisation. Buying into this stupid narrative that he was some kind of wonder kid because he took off a fully primed SB contender and took them to the Divisional game (where he got smashed)... and then has done absolutely NOTHING since.

Dak has been in steady decline since the second half of his rookie year.. and now we have his huge contract to pay and are GOING to lose some serious players to keep under the cap. That will hurt next season and many seasons after that. And why do we have this monster contract? Because DakMania sells.. it sells jerseys and beds and everything else.

The reality is that Dak is not terrible.. he isn't the worst QB in the league (even in this slump).. but he is nowhere NEAR the elite level that justifies the money he demanded and got.

Now go back and imagine if Romo had come back.. there is a SB.. or imagine that we had gone hard for TB.. maybe that is another SB.. or maybe we had traded up and got a real franchise QB.. I have always believed you could have thrown literally any QB behind our line in 2016 and won games. We were that good and Zeke was beyond what the league could handle with young, fast energetic legs. For those who still think Dak is the answer.. I suggest watching other games.. look at some of the unbelievable QB play out there and then come back and apologise.

But I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost and we aren't making a change at QB now.. so now I have to hope and pray Dak can find something, this offence can find something and we can find a way to win with our QB bus driver because it has been too long. So for right now.. Go Dak Go.

I said it years ago that Dak arguably would be the best back-up in the league, who could carve a niche and long career as the guy who can come in and keep a team in the play-off hunt when the starting QB goes down. He wasn’t drafted as a starter.

Dak has value in the league, not the over-inflated hype that has been following him for years. The fact he built a football field in his backyard doesn’t overcome his limitations.