Rating the prospects

Sandman

Reaction score
After watching the games today here is my cut:

Overated:
Derrick Johnson (TEX)
A. Hawthorne (Wis)
E. James (Wis)

Under-rated: Braylon Edwards (absolutely uncoverable)
: David Pollack (Unstoppable)
: Odel Thurman (LB) A true MLB! Hard Hitter.
: Jim Leonhard (S) A real Stud!

Biggest Surprise: Alex Smith (Didn't think he was that good, might be a better pro than either Lienhart or Rogers..

Biggest Disapointment: A Davis (Wis). Scrub. Period

Any one else want rate the prospects!

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Alex Smith for PRESIDENT....

Man that guy is a stud, love to have him..

And what's weird is the guy went to my high school's rival school.. small world I know

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Don't forget to add Mr.Overrated himself to that list,Cedric Benson.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
NumOneQB said:
Don't forget to add Mr.Overrated himself to that list,Cedric Benson.
benson was a non-factor but he may have been playing hurt.
if mack brown can ever coach vince young on the finer aspects of the passing game - he will win the heisman in a runaway. he may do it anyway. that guy is just an awesome athlete.

jdnalls

Reaction score
Sandman said:
You know it's funny... damn near every Michigan receiver looks uncoverable up until they get into the NFL and then they're anything but that.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Edwards scares me... His first TD was nice, but his last 2 TD's, anyone could have gotten those... have a feeling he's gonna be a bust...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
JBell523 said:
Edwards scares me... His first TD was nice, but his last 2 TD's, anyone could have gotten those... have a feeling he's gonna be a bust...
edwards looks good except for his tendency to jump for balls he could simply run through.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sandman said:

Overated:
Derrick Johnson (TEX)
A. Hawthorne (Wis)
E. James (Wis)

Biggest Surprise: Alex Smith (Didn't think he was that good, might be a better pro than either Lienhart or Rogers..

What really surprised me about Edwards was how good he was after the catch. He made people miss and broke tackles. That's what our offense is missing at WR.

I haven't watched a lot of him. Is that his "norm" or did he just have an out of body experience against the Horns?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
DJ isn't overrated. YOu know who is? R. Wright...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jdnalls said:
You know it's funny... damn near every Michigan receiver looks uncoverable up until they get into the NFL and then they're anything but that.
This Michigan WR just broke all of Anthony Carter's team records. Anthony was a pretty decent NFL player, btw.

A lot of those Mich WR played with NFL ready QBs and NFL ready RBs, Braylon has been working with kids at both positions and has been far and away the best WR in college football anyway.

Edwards is the number 1 WR on the board and will have less bust potential than Mike Williams who was never the top WR much less player on his colllege team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sandman said:

Overated:
Derrick Johnson (TEX)
A. Hawthorne (Wis)
E. James (Wis)

I would love for Dallas to draft any of the top 7 guys you list. I am just not sure I'd want to to draft any of them at 6 or 7. But starting at where we will draft I'd love to grab say Edwards witht he 1a and Pollack/James/Hawthorne with the 1b and I wish we had a 3rd because do like Leonhard there.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:
Pollack - OLB/DE
Davis - FS

H Miller - TE in round 2
I would have no problem with that draft at all. But pollack won't be a olb, since we're staying with the 4-3 if we draft him...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
I would have no problem with that draft at all. But pollack won't be a olb, since we're staying with the 4-3 if we draft him...

And you will continue to have your 4-3 end hold onto the tackle first so Al, Dex and Dat can bounce around, then I don't want Pollack. This Zimmy D sucks.

We are 26th in the league in scoring.
Our only shot is to go Colts/Chiefs and outscore teams

Draft Best WR, G, QB with the 3 picks

Edwards, Baas, Orlovski

I prefer D, But if we are staying in Zimmers D we are screwed - Lets go offense.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
jterrell said:
This Michigan WR just broke all of Anthony Carter's team records. Anthony was a pretty decent NFL player, btw.

A lot of those Mich WR played with NFL ready QBs and NFL ready RBs, Braylon has been working with kids at both positions and has been far and away the best WR in college football anyway.

Edwards is the number 1 WR on the board and will have less bust potential than Mike Williams who was never the top WR much less player on his colllege team.

Surely you don't think Colbert was the best WR on that team.

Numbers say the exact opposite, so I'm just curious.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Nors said:
Pollack - OLB/DE
Davis - FS

H Miller - TE in round 2
Why would you want to use another high first day pick on a TE at this point? Doesn't seem like a great idea sitting here. Anyway current thought is hes gone before we get there anyway.

Witten is fine, and was a steal in that draft. No reason to pull another TE at this point.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
Why would you want to use another high first day pick on a TE at this point? Doesn't seem like a great idea sitting here. Anyway current thought is hes gone before we get there anyway.

Witten is fine, and was a steal in that draft. No reason to pull another TE at this point.

League is moving BIg TE's like Witten, Gates, Graham out wide as WR's. CAUSES MISMATCHES!

I think its a nice move actually.

wick

Reaction score
Sandman said:

Overated:
Derrick Johnson (TEX)

That's hilarious. Johnson set an NCAA record by forcing his NINTH fumble in 12 games last night. It wasn't his best game, but it's pretty clear it's the only time you've seen him play. Nobody who has watched him with any regularity would say something that stupid.

I do agree with the poster who said Rod Wright is overrated. He has great physical tools, but the bottom line is that he's never been as productive as his measurables would project. I probably wouldn't touch him until the third round if he came out.

Benson is also not overrated. He hurt his knee on the first play of the game and had no explosion the rest of the game. His line was also getting killed on every play.

Reaction score
wick said:
That's hilarious. Johnson set an NCAA record by forcing his NINTH fumble in 12 games last night. It wasn't his best game, but it's pretty clear it's the only time you've seen him play. Nobody who has watched him with any regularity would say something that stupid.

I do agree with the poster who said Rod Wright is overrated. He has great physical tools, but the bottom line is that he's never been as productive as his measurables would project. I probably wouldn't touch him until the third round if he came out.

Benson is also not overrated. He hurt his knee on the first play of the game and had no explosion the rest of the game. His line was also getting killed on every play.

Isn't it always amusing to see the random NFL scout wanna-be poster, who after watching certain players for probably the only time in a season, start throwing out edicts??

Freakin' asinine!

zagnut

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Surely you don't think Colbert was the best WR on that team.

Numbers say the exact opposite, so I'm just curious.

Don't humor him. Someone tries to float Colbert was the better WR every couple of months only to have statistical, circumstantial and observational evidence brought into the discussion.

I just prefer to think the posters are relatives of Keary Colbert.