News: Ratliff improving, making progress; Cowboys still hope he will be back in three weeks

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ratliff improving, making progress; Cowboys still hope he will be back in three weeks
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...till-hope-he-will-be-back-in-three-weeks.html
With defensive end Anthony Spencer sidelined for the season because of microfracture knee surgery, the return of defensive tackle Jay Ratliff is even more vital to the Cowboys' hopes of success in 2013.
Ratliff was placed on injured reserved/designated to return after six weeks at the start of the season because of lingering hamstring and groin injuries. Three weeks are down and Ratliff should be back in three more weeks, possibly in time for the Oct. 20 match up against the Philadelphia Eagles.
According to coach Jason Garrett, Ratliff's rehab is going well and he is on target to return next month, barring a setback.
"You are just trying to get him better," Garrett said. "We made that decision because we wanted give him a full chance to come back off that thing healthy rather every week saying should we put him up or whatever, just giving him a chance to come back and be healthy from that thing. He is halfway through it. We feel like he is making progress and hopefully he will be back here in a few weeks."
Clarence Hill

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ill-be-back-in-three-weeks.html#storylink=cpy

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I believe Ratliff was placed on PUP since he never actually practiced and the Cowboys still have the IR/designated to return option still available for another player.

Ratliff was placed on injured reserved/designated to return after six weeks at the start of the season

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I believe Ratliff was placed on PUP since he never actually practiced and the Cowboys still have the IR/designated to return option still available for another player.

That's what I thought also. You only get one IR/designated to return spot I believe

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Three weeks are going to pass rosey and then his spine is going to spontaneously combust putting on his pads.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
color me skeptical, but I hope they are right, can never have too many pass rushers. Especially if he is even 90% of what he was.

Nirvana

Reaction score
until he is practicing everything said about Rat is to be taken with a grain of salt that says he is returning soon.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I guess none of the reporters around the team bothered to dig when Ratliff was clearly at odds with what was being reported about his "injury". It's been 2 months now and this is still a mystery.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I guess none of the reporters around the team bothered to dig when Ratliff was clearly at odds with what was being reported about his "injury". It's been 2 months now and this is still a mystery.

True, but Ratliff is not a willing participant when it comes to the media, not a big talker and I think the reporters are afraid of him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He better return ready to rock and roll or this place will be all over him. I mean it will get UGLY big time. It will make the beating Spencer is getting look like childs play.