News: Ravens can make powerful statement against red-hot Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's only fitting that the Baltimore Ravens can send a message to the football world when they play America's Team.

Right now, the Ravens (5-4) are seen as the first-place team of the worst division in the NFL. There's not much national buzz about Baltimore considering all of its victories have come against teams currently with losing records, including two over the winless Cleveland Browns.

In many ways, the Ravens are like the Western Michigan of division leaders.

"We know you get a victory over a team like the Cowboys, that's a statement win," cornerback Jimmy Smith told CSN Mid-Atlantic.

Beating Dallas would legitimize the Ravens. It would stamp them as a true playoff contender.

Knocking off the Cowboys would also make everyone forget how Baltimore lost four games in a row and trailed the hapless Browns at halftime in both meetings.

Read the rest: http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...ke-powerful-statement-against-red-hot-cowboys

31smackdown

Reaction score
Looks like the honeymoon is officially over. Back to being the team everyone wants to use to prove themselves while complaining that they aren't getting the respect and coverage they deserve. It was nice being the under the radar there for a few weeks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, the Ravens (5-4) are seen as the first-place team of the worst division in the NFL. There's not much national buzz about Baltimore considering all of its victories have come against teams currently with losing records, including two over the winless Cleveland Browns.
The Ravens are overrated. The Cowboys going to smash them and the only statement made will be about the Cowboys not the Ravens.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
All I have to say is that if were going to lose one, now is the time to do it. After this game, the rest of our games are against NFC opponents and 3 division opponents (not like I'm breaking any news there) however, if the good Lord has us scheduled to take a loss in the near future, let it be this Sunday. And by all means, lets get out of the game healthy either way. I'm already looking forward to killing the foreskins on Thursday.

phildadon86

Reaction score
All I have to say is that if were going to lose one, now is the time to do it. After this game, the rest of our games are against NFC opponents and 3 division opponents (not like I'm breaking any news there) however, if the good Lord has us scheduled to take a loss in the near future, let it be this Sunday. And by all means, lets get out of the game healthy either way. I'm already looking forward to killing the foreskins on Thursday.
Me too. I booked off American thanksgiving. Making chilli and drinking very early. Celebrating your Thanksgiving has been a tradition of mine for some time now. Always enjoy it as if I was hanging with a bunch of tailgaters lol. Beating on the Commanders will make it that much sweeter.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Suggs two achilles injuries ago, I agree.
Yeah he's was definitely better then, but with 6 sacks and two forced fumbles this year, even an injured Suggs would be by far the cowboys best pass rusher. He's 48th in pressures too, and only 6 pressures separate #10 in the NFL and #48. Finally at a salary of 5.1 million a year, he's a bargain compared to other defensive guys on our team.

But overall I agree his injuries have made him less of a player, buts he's still a monster

jrumann59

Reaction score
Looks like Dumervil and Yanda may be playing. That's two studs in the trenches that they have been missing.

Dumervil is coming back from a bad injury who knows how good he will be,

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For those wondering, the betting odds have the Cowboys as 7-point favorites vs. the Ravens.
Sounds fine to me, if it holds true. Let's hope Lawrence and his cohorts make us proud.:starspin:

Last edited: