Ravens' National Anthem Singer Resigns After Fans 'Attack' Player Protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
"After a carefully worded message on Tuesday announcing his resignation as the national anthem singer at Baltimore Ravens home games, combat veteran Joey Odoms made it crystal clear on Wednesday why he’s quitting."

Read more below:

https://yhoo.it/2wWUHpA

This whole situation just sucks, and people are not even open to a discussion about anything. People are only outraged or care when it directly has to do with them or their beliefs and feelings. There is no middle ground, and honestly I'm not sure there ever was.

I've come to the realization that was a white man, I have no idea what any man of color faces or what they encounter everyday, so who am I to say that they are not suffering from oppression, and judge them?

It's crazy that people can claim they're more patriotic than someone else, I can't do that, or claim that someone hates this country until they actually say those words. We ARE AMERICANS, and we all disagree on things, but that's what makes America great! However we all have to be willing to listen to others, even when we don't agree.

They've also never walked a day in my shoes, so how can they comment on white privilege. I myself have never experienced it. I was raised to respect fellow men of all walks of life, and I'm open to conversation about it.

After hearing that Fire Chief in Pittsburgh, I can firmly say I get it. I hope at some point instead of fighting each other, or saying there isn't an issue, or it's my way or get out of the country, that we as Americans can talk about how we can make this country truly GREAT.

It really sucks the guy in Buffalo quit over this, and it really sucks this guy did the same.

I've been just as guilty as many others the last few days of being snarky and that's my bad. I'm going to be more open moving forward to others beliefs and I'm open to any discussion as long as at the end of it we can all respect each other. I will do better and be better at that.

-Anthony

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"After a carefully worded message on Tuesday announcing his resignation as the national anthem singer at Baltimore Ravens home games, combat veteran Joey Odoms made it crystal clear on Wednesday why he’s quitting."

Read more below:

https://yhoo.it/2wWUHpA

This whole situation just sucks, and people are not even open to a discussion about anything. People are only outraged or care when it directly has to do with them or their beliefs and feelings. There is no middle ground, and honestly I'm not sure there ever was.

I've come to the realization that was a white man, I have no idea what any man of color faces or what they encounter everyday, so who am I to say that they are not suffering from oppression, and judge them?

It's crazy that people can claim they're more patriotic than someone else, I can't do that, or claim that someone hates this country until they actually say those words. We ARE AMERICANS, and we all disagree on things, but that's what makes America great! However we all have to be willing to listen to others, even when we don't agree.

They've also never walked a day in my shoes, so how can they comment on white privilege. I myself have never experienced it. I was raised to respect fellow men of all walks of life, and I'm open to conversation about it.

After hearing that Fire Chief in Pittsburgh, I can firmly say I get it. I hope at some point instead of fighting each other, or saying there isn't an issue, or it's my way or get out of the country, that we as Americans can talk about how we can make this country truly GREAT.

It really sucks the guy in Buffalo quit over this, and it really sucks this guy did the same.

I've been just as guilty as many others the last few days of being snarky and that's my bad. I'm going to be more open moving forward to others beliefs and I'm open to any discussion as long as at the end of it we can all respect each other. I will do better and be better at that.

-Anthony
I like it. I really do.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I just read an article about a 6 year old who kneeled during the Pledge of Allegiance.

But what I found interesting is in Florida (red) where this happened you can provide a note and you can be excused from saying the Pledge.

Thoughts?

John813

Reaction score
I just read an article about a 6 year old who kneeled during the Pledge of Allegiance.

But what I found interesting is in Florida (red) where this happened you can provide a note and you can be excused from saying the Pledge.

Thoughts?

That 6 year old probably did that cause his family told him to. Not buying that a 6 year old truly understands what's going on at his age.
Yes, think that was around even when I went to public school in FL.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

But what I found interesting is in Florida (red) where this happened you can provide a note and you can be excused from saying the Pledge.i

Thoughts?
I saw something yesterday that in 1943 the Supreme court ruled that you can not make anyone say the Pledge of Alligence, nor stand for the flag. It's a respect thing, like holding the door open, saying maam and sir. You can't make people show respect.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
I always thought it was because of the streamers.

I know more people doing that than people boycotting, but I supportts the boycotters decisions.
I stream because I live in a 49er driven community. And the Sunday Ticket is just too much money.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
I saw something yesterday that in 1943 the Supreme court ruled that you can not make anyone say the Pledge of Alligence, nor stand for the flag. It's a respect thing, like holding the door open, saying maam and sir. You can't make people show respect.
I agree and it's a sad statement that some parents teach their kids to not have respect.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

Thoughts?

Good. We need to quit raising people to be sheep just to be sheep because we're sheep.

My children will never be taught to say the pledge. They will only be taught to pledge allegiance to Jesus and no one else.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I agree and it's a sad statement that some parents teach their kids to not have respect.

I agree and disagree with this. It's all about perspective.

I think the biggest issue here is "Intent vs Opinion". Some (not all I'm sure) are doing this to protest a specific injustice. Their "Intent" is to protest the injustice, not disrespect the flag/country/military.

On the flip side, you have other people's "opinion" that these people are disrespecting the flag/country/military. Now, see there is a huge difference here.

An "Opinion" is inherently not FACT. True "Intent" is FACT. Therefore, everyone getting pissed at people for disrespecting the flag are making up their own rules and trying to enforce their "Opinions" on others rather that paying attention to what is actually happening. (The true FACT of the situation)

See America is about freedom and those wanting to force players to do what in their "Opinion" is correct, are trying to take that freedom away from the players.

If that is the case, then maybe the freedom to be able drive should be removed from those with "Opinions"? Where is the line of fairness if you believe you have the right to take other people's freedom away, but not lose any of your freedoms? It's not and you don't, because that is selfish as hell and not what America is supposed to be all about.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Week 3 ratings were up 3% over last year.

Everyone is watching to see the protest. NFL rating are on the downswing and when this charade is no longer plastered all over the news. The rating will begin to drop again. The NFL is just not making the game enjoyable anymore. That has nothing to do with the protests. The protests are just the NFL's current Kardashian moment in the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.