Ravens' National Anthem Singer Resigns After Fans 'Attack' Player Protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
I agree and disagree with this. It's all about perspective.

I think the biggest issue here is "Intent vs Opinion". Some (not all I'm sure) are doing this to protest a specific injustice. Their "Intent" is to protest the injustice, not disrespect the flag/country/military.

On the flip side, you have other people's "opinion" that these people are disrespecting the flag/country/military. Now, see there is a huge difference here.

An "Opinion" is inherently not FACT. True "Intent" is FACT. Therefore, everyone getting pissed at people for disrespecting the flag are making up their own rules and trying to enforce their "Opinions" on others rather that paying attention to what is actually happening. (The true FACT of the situation)

See America is about freedom and those wanting to force players to do what in their "Opinion" is correct, are trying to take that freedom away from the players.

If that is the case, then maybe the freedom to be able drive should be removed from those with "Opinions"? Where is the line of fairness if you believe you have the right to take other people's freedom away, but not lose any of your freedoms? It's not and you don't, because that is selfish as hell and not what America is supposed to be all about.
I mentioned kids not being taught to be respectful, not the right of adults to exercise their rights. I have no control over what other people teach their kids, but for the sake of our country I hope they teach them respect.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I mentioned kids not being taught to be respectful, not the right of adults to exercise their rights. I have no control over what other people teach their kids, but for the sake of our country I hope they teach them respect.

I absolutely agree.

btw, is StarGazer 100% about the Cowboys, or are you an astronomer also?

John813

Reaction score
Good. We need to quit raising people to be sheep just to be sheep because we're sheep.

My children will never be taught to say the pledge. They will only be taught to pledge allegiance to Jesus and no one else.

So, don't allow your kid to think outside the box on religion cause that's what you believe in, and probably what your parents believed in and so forth. Honestly, I don't care, just found that ironic.

Still have any SVTs?

visionary

Reaction score

I think the biggest issue here is "Intent vs Opinion". Some (not all I'm sure) are doing this to protest a specific injustice. Their "Intent" is to protest the injustice, not disrespect the flag/country/military.

On the flip side, you have other people's "opinion" that these people are disrespecting the flag/country/military. Now, see there is a huge difference here.

An "Opinion" is inherently not FACT. True "Intent" is FACT. Therefore, everyone getting pissed at people for disrespecting the flag are making up their own rules and trying to enforce their "Opinions" on others rather that paying attention to what is actually happening. (The true FACT of the situation)

See America is about freedom and those wanting to force players to do what in their "Opinion" is correct, are trying to take that freedom away from the players.

If that is the case, then maybe the freedom to be able drive should be removed from those with "Opinions"? Where is the line of fairness if you believe you have the right to take other people's freedom away, but not lose any of your freedoms? It's not and you don't, because that is selfish as hell and not what America is supposed to be all about.

It's the oldest trick in the book

It's called "shooting the messenger"
It is how the pickpocket steals money from you
Distract so people can't see the real issue

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Everyone is watching to see the protest. NFL rating are on the downswing and when this charade is no longer plastered all over the news. The rating will begin to drop again. The NFL is just not making the game enjoyable anymore. That has nothing to do with the protests. The protests are just the NFL's current Kardashian moment in the news.
The protests are part of it but not the whole thing. The game is just not as enjoyable as it used to be.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh no, the singer is leaving?
200.gif

Last edited:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Good. We need to quit raising people to be sheep just to be sheep because we're sheep.

My children will never be taught to say the pledge. They will only be taught to pledge allegiance to Jesus and no one else.

Some folks just don't deserve this country. I wasn't born in the US and I would pledge allegiance to this country every single day. And I've raised my 3 kids that way when it comes to the country and flag. Maybe that makes me a sheep. Or maybe I've just seen how life is in countries outside the US and it makes me appreciate what we have here even more.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
So, don't allow your kid to think outside the box on religion cause that's what you believe in, and probably what your parents believed in and so forth. Honestly, I don't care, just found that ironic.

Still have any SVTs?

Have a 2010 GT500 currently.

And, my child is allowed to think outside the box, but I can already tell how smart she is. She isnt going to fall for "nothing exploded and voila, everything is here". I spoke more from confidence there than irony.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Some folks just don't deserve this country. I wasn't born in the US and I would pledge allegiance to this country every single day. And I've raised my 3 kids that way when it comes to the country and flag. Maybe that makes me a sheep. Or maybe I've just seen how life is in countries outside the US and it makes me appreciate what we have here even more.

I think the last part is most people's problem.

The benchmark is always stated is other countries.

I can set the benchmark at losing both legs and arms and then tell someone with no arms and one leg "well, at least you have one leg". But thats just manipulating a benchmark for comparison.

The benchmark for us is freedom and liberty...and we have slipped wayyyyyyy down. We shouldnt accept it. The founders who gave us this nation wouldnt accept what we have now, heck they started a massive war over FAR less. Why accept it? In fact, Id argue, accepting it is the most disrespectful thing you could do to those who drug their bloody shoeless feet through the snow in barely any clothes to fight for a new nation.

John813

Reaction score
Have a 2010 GT500 currently.

And, my child is allowed to think outside the box, but I can already tell how smart she is. She isnt going to fall for "nothing exploded and voila, everything is here". I spoke more from confidence there than irony.

Very cool.
Think I remember your SN from the Lightning/SVTP forums.

jrumann59

Reaction score

I am with you in the same boat. I will take it in another direction though. Now there are the ones that truly are doing this for an "injustice" and whether they are right or wrong in how they bring attention to it is not to be argued. But the rest of the people are doing this as more of a "middle finger" to the POTUS. I believe their show of solidarity actually minimizes those that actually "believe". If POTUS had only said they should not be kneeling I think last weekend never happens. But he said they all should be fired. The players know the owners would never fire a whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.