News: Ravens reportedly attempting to release Earl Thomas

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is illegal the standard? It probably should be, but "conduct detrimental' seems to be overly inclusive at times when it comes to the NFL.

Could be, it has seemed rather nebulous hasn't it. Who knows?

Silly

Reaction score
he was indoors doing private things in private residence and his insane wife/GF put a gun to his head and hes all of sudden in the wrong..

t..

I agree with you. However, the NFL is selling heroes. Have affairs spill out into the general public is going to make it hard to sell the NFL man of the year. There will always be a personal conduct policy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree with you. However, the NFL is selling heroes. Have affairs spill out into the general public is going to make it hard to sell the NFL man of the year. There will always be a personal conduct policy.

it has to end somewhere the courts were never intended to be made up of Jurys that were 100% made up of a media saturated pool that already has and opinion.. courts of public opinion are not justice and justice made to appease the public vs hand down fair sentences ruin the premise of a Fair trial..

yes i know this isnt court but with the eay RG has become judge, jury, and executioner it sure feels like it..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stash, you've got history on your side. The last 4 coaching changes brought a better record the very next season.

giphy.gif

fansince68

Reaction score
His wife caught him cheating and his brother was apparently a little too close while it was going on.

I'm not sure exactly, but the article says he was in the same bed as Earl Thomas.

*shivers*
2 guys 2 women...…..just like in the Army and college days....don't judge.....its common. He cheated on his wife, that's between him and her.....NOT the Ravens nor the NFL

Johnny23

Reaction score
2 guys 2 women...…..just like in the Army and college days....don't judge.....its common. He cheated on his wife, that's between him and her.....NOT the Ravens nor the NFL
So it's his brother. His flesh and blood brother. That's not it.

tico

Reaction score
The way him and his bro team up & tackle a situation, is the same brotherhood I want to see on the field with his football brothers

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question: if they were happy with his play last year relative to his contract, would they release him over that incident?

Of course not. They are having buyer's remorse. The incident is just an opportunity to get out of it.

Earl isn't the player he was in his prime. He wanted one last payday and he got it. Glad Dallas didn't give it to him.

Thomas made the pro bowl, and his QB rating when thrown on was in the 20s. I don't know how they should expect more than that.

They've got a problem that this year's salary was guaranteed too. This is the way to get out of it, if they're inclined to.

Since they've already eaten the signing bonus, I would have expected them to try and trade him to get something. 10mil, 11mil, 12mil for the next 3 seasons. I'd think someone would bite.