Ravens sign Za’darious Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

12+88=7

Reaction score
At first look at Smith’s signing.. I was like “why didn’t Dal do this deal?”

Za’Darius Smith is a sneaky good player, you’d think he would be worth more than even what Baltimore gave him. Hell, you’d think the Packers would have done what they had to do to keep him considering his production (26sacks/2 years).

Dig a little deeper though, you’ll find the red flag that’s cause for concern. I didn’t realize he basically missed last season with back issues(game 1/snaps 18), that ultimately lead to back surgery by midseason season. He did manage 19 snaps/1 sacks in his playoff return.

That said, I’d rather steer clear of paying a player that will be 30yo (start of season) and coming off back surgery. Too many variables can go wrong as we’ve learn via Tyron Smith.

In this whole thread you an Jazzcat were the only ones to bring up the back injury.

That isn't a red flag, that's a hell NO.

But the other posters just want to attack Dallas. It doesn't matter what Dallas does, it's all about attacking Dallas.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I Do think this is a big part of their decision that no one will talk about. Cowboys will be left with the free agents either other teams can't afford or don't want. Nobody with options would deal with this crap.
Especially when only a fine can void your contract. Other teams have a suspension can void it. I guarantee every FA knows about what the Cowboys have tried to get away with.

Redline360

Reaction score
Do you guys honestly expect anything less? It's not time for the cowboys to begin shopping yet.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. Thats cheap. How do we not give him the Gregory money? He is much much better than Gregory.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe our FO couldn’t build a competitive roster in the modern NFL if their lives depended on it.

Looked pretty competitive last year. 12-5, win the division, what is not competitive about that.
So they lost in the players, so did 13 other teams.
Move on to this year, even though no big splashes in FA. Did anyone expect any. Wait and see how it is all played out it is all we can do.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Looked pretty competitive last year. 12-5, win the division, what is not competitive about that.
So they lost in the players, so did 13 other teams.
Move on to this year, even though no big splashes in FA. Did anyone expect any. Wait and see how it is all played out it is all we can do.
Again with the 12-5 when you know (or should) that most of those wins were against poor teams and as soon as they had to play good teams they got badly beaten.
In addition it was one and done in the playoffs ( as usual).
As for waiting, I already know how the story ends (the same way it has for the last 26 years).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again with the 12-5 when you know (or should) that most of those wins were against poor teams and as soon as they had to play good teams they got badly beaten.
In addition it was one and done in the playoffs ( as usual).
As for waiting, I already know how the story ends (the same way it has for the last 26 years).

All teams, most their wins come against poor teams...this is so typical of the dislikers and their narratives.
I guess it only applies to Dallas though.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
All teams, most their wins come against poor teams...this is so typical of the dislikers and their narratives.
I guess it only applies to Dallas though.
And good teams can beat other good teams especially with home advantage but apologist’s like you can’t admit the truth, always with excuses.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And good teams can beat other good teams especially with home advantage but apologist’s like you can’t admit the truth, always with excuses.

Not an apologist nor making excuses...where are my excuses...but go ahead and make crap up, where are my excuses?
I said 12-5 is competitive. Why is that an excuse?

Not apologizing for enjoying a 12-5 season and winning the division. Yes the playoff loss sucked. They need changes. Not even liking the way things are going now but will wait and see. But I won't sit around and constantly whine about it either.
I give my criticism, and give my support depending what happens. Right now, less support, more criticism but nothing has been horrific.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I guess you haven't had your coffee or whatever you do, maybe your juice. And you are in an argumentative mood so far. Not sure why it bothers you so much. I am done with this conversation.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Not an apologist nor making excuses...where are my excuses...but go ahead and make crap up, where are my excuses?
I said 12-5 is competitive. Why is that an excuse?

Not apologizing for enjoying a 12-5 season and winning the division. Yes the playoff loss sucked. They need changes. Not even liking the way things are going now but will wait and see. But I won't sit around and constantly whine about it either.
I give my criticism, and give my support depending what happens. Right now, less support, more criticism but nothing has been horrific.
Winning playoff games is competitive something sorely missing from this franchise’s repertoire for the last 26 years due to our FO,s incompetence.
Quoting 12-5 is an excuse. Something you do regularly. @Sydla is spot on about you.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning playoff games is competitive something sorely missing from this franchise’s repertoire for the last 26 years due to our FO,s incompetence.
Quoting 12-5 is an excuse. Something you do regularly. @Sydla is spot on about you.

Wrong...you and him both as usual...2 of the biggest whiners on here....not sorry for you misery...

Status
Not open for further replies.