News: Ravens SS Tony Jefferson waived

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Before he got hurt the Ravens had one of the worst defenses in football and routinely gave up big plays. When Clark came in the defense became one of the top 10 defenses in the league and allowed the fewest big plays.
Seems a bit unfair to blame him for big plays. Looks that really got boosted based on what the Chiefs and Browns did.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Seems a bit unfair to blame him for big plays. Looks that really got boosted based on what the Chiefs and Browns did.
Yeah but that is part of the game. In reality Earl messed up too and they were missing one of their cover corners and they did not have the Rams cornerback that they traded for later in the season. Jefferson can’t cover but he will and cause turnovers. He would help us.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. I know nothing about him
2. He’s better than Heath

It's funny how some fans are proud of their lack of knowledge about football.

The rallying cry of "know nothing" Cowboys fans is "Heath Sucks".

It's even funnier now after we saw that it can indeed get much much worst than Heath. If Heath is Charles Manson then Thompson is Hitler...

Safety Talent:
Darren Woodson 100

Heath 51 or higher

Thompson 0

Loso86

Reaction score
I probably would not due to injury reason. But hes much better than Heath! Released mostly cause of injury and salary not cause of his play.

LittleD

Reaction score
Lol at people saying Jeff Heath is better. No way a single 1 of you has even seen Jefferson play if that’s your opinion. Jefferson is a bonafide starting SS that was a cap casualty because of an unfortunate ACL tear. His replacement was good in his place and the Ravens chose to go the cheaper route...with that said, a guy not known for his speed approaching 30 coming off an ACL is for sure risky, depends on the contract obviously. Wouldn’t invest too much, but if he can be had on a buy low contract I’d definitely kick the tires.

LOL at you fella. Jeff Heath has more interceptions over the last 5 years than anyone else on the team.

Carson

Reaction score
They dont want him ... LET'S SIGN HIM!!!!!

They want Jefferson. He is well liked, coaches and fans love him.

They just need the cap room and Chuck Clark is much cheaper. It’s like Byron Jones. We’d love to keep him. Just can not afford him

Mr_437

Reaction score
For a team that doesn't have a SS on the roster I'd say Jefferson is a player of interest. Plus, DAL needs a leadership type player in the secondary.

Adreme

Reaction score
They want Jefferson. He is well liked, coaches and fans love him.

They just need the cap room and Chuck Clark is much cheaper. It’s like Byron Jones. We’d love to keep him. Just can not afford him

If he were a Raven he would not be starting. Chuck Clark outplayed him AND is cheaper. I am not saying he is a bad player but the Ravens do not have room to play him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:thumbdown:
"With Jefferson still on the path back from the ACL injury he suffered in October...."