Ray Lewis: We wouldn't know Brady without tuck rule

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Well, if the Pats lose that game, they may go back to Bledsoe the next season and who knows when or if Brady would have ever gotten the shot to start in New England.

So he's not that far off.

Rogah

Reaction score
Well, if the Pats lose that game, they may go back to Bledsoe the next season and who knows when or if Brady would have ever gotten the shot to start in New England.

So he's not that far off.
There's no way the Patriots would have gone back to Bledsoe in 2002. Bill Belichick was 5-13 with Bledsoe and even if they lose that Oakland game, 11-4 with Brady. Bledsoe remained the #2 guy even after healing from his injury.

It seems like the obvious decision right now but believe me, at the time during the season Belichick was under incredible media and public pressure to go back to local fan-favorite Bledsoe in November once he was healthy. But he stayed with Brady.

Last edited:

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Me thinks Ray Lewis watches football exactly how the commercial shows him watching football.

Let it go man. Let it go.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Well it definitely would have delayed his stardom. And that next year they were not that good.

Rogah

Reaction score
Well it definitely would have delayed his stardom. And that next year they were not that good.
But the murderer Ray Lewis didn't say the tuck rule delayed Brady's stardom. He said if it wasn't for the tuck rule, none of us would have ever heard of him.

You're right that the next year they weren't as good. But then the year after that they started a league record 21 game winning streak which included a Super Bowl win during that streak and another Super Bowl win the next year.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'm kind of torn on Tom. Part of me really likes him but sometime I think he acts like such a drama queen!