News: Rayfield Wright passes away at 76

manster4ever

Reaction score
Man, this one hits hard. He was an all time great not just on the Cowboys but the NFL. Hall of fame player and person. My Dad is the same age so this one really hits close to home.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
So sad, he lived in the area I’m currently at. Wish I got to meet him, I believe he did a lot golf celebrity stuff.

plasticman

Reaction score
Like I say, my heroes are leaving.

Rayfield Wright was a 7th round pick.

Wright couldn't make his high school football team. He played basketball instead. The football coach at Fort Valley State saw him and made sure he was given a scholarship.

He played both basketball and football in college, he was drafted by an NBA team his junior year, the Cincinattee Royals but opted to stay in school and finish his degree. His senior year he was drafted by the Cowboys. He was know as being tough and tenacious.

"I love blocking, love the contact. There’s a lot of satisfaction in knowing that you’re moving your man out of there. Biggest of all is to put my man on the ground — I’m on top of him and the ball carrier is 10-15 yards downfield. That’s satisfaction.”

RIP.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
From tiny Fort Valley State to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. An absolute legend. RIP, "Big Cat".

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
RIP Big Cat!

Condolences to the Wright family.