News: RB Coach- Cowboys need both Zeke and Pollard

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah the one with 147yds 3TDs

Which was great in a blowout game against an undermanned opponent.. What happens when you play a better team and you need to be out there for 60 snaps? Do we just pretend what you would done on the other 30 snaps? Pollard pretty much told you himself that he's not a full time back. There is no shame in that. He's built different and has a different physiology than guys who play 50-60 snaps week in and week out. You think with all the talent he has shown that his college coaches never wanted to hand him the ball 25 times in a game? You think the Cowboys would be upset if he could shoulder the load and produce 6 ypc on 25 totes every week? There's a reason he's been a part time player since he left high school. I'm sure he's come to terms with it.. Why can't you?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can do all the "what ifs" you want But nobody has to be out there 60 snaps
You can use three RBs I f needed.
All I'm trying to get through to you is that Pollard deserves more snaps than anybody else.
HE IS A GAME CHANGER.

ZEKE IS NOT AND SHOULD BE #2RB

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can do all the "what ifs" you want But nobody has to be out there 60 snaps
You can use three RBs I f needed.
All I'm trying to get through to you is that Pollard deserves more snaps than anybody else.
HE IS A GAME CHANGER.

ZEKE IS NOT AND SHOULD BE #2RB

Remember when he game changed his way to .75 yards per carry?

Look dude I am not saying he shouldn't get his 12-15 touches a game on 20-25 snaps a game. But if he's out there the majority of snaps taking the majority of hits and having to pick up the majority of blitzes you're going to start to lose a lot of that game changing ability. The cumulative effects of the work gets to everybody eventually. If we acknowledge that it got to Zeke over time why do we now act as if a guy who is considerably more slightly built and who has never been able to carry the lead load will be unaffected? If you want Tony Pollard to be remain able to give you big plays at any point in the game you have to be judicious in how you use him. Use him up in the first two and half quarters at your own peril.

And yes.. SOMEBODY has to be out there for 60 snaps.. and in some games that might be 70 snaps..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
NO ONE is saying we want to go back to a one back bell cow offense aka Emmitt, Dorsett, Murray, etc....those days are long gone. We all know its either a back by committee or a tandem RB offense now. It's who gets the majority carries and how they are used. Pollard has shown more in terms of YPC, breakaway speed, elusiveness. Zeke used more as a blocking FB, short yardage, pound the rock type. Sure Dallas needs both, that's not the question. But next year, Zeke's contract works against him and he is vastly overpaid for what he does. No lies here.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So the fact Zeke is a middling NFL running back that can’t break a long run to save his life has in a way benefited him in that he’s fresher through the game.

Thanks Zeke.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't need a bellcow. They just need two or three backs that can be productive. And not spending $15 million.

Beaker42

Reaction score
NO ONE is saying we want to go back to a one back bell cow offense aka Emmitt, Dorsett, Murray, etc....those days are long gone. We all know its either a back by committee or a tandem RB offense now. It's who gets the majority carries and how they are used. Pollard has shown more in terms of YPC, breakaway speed, elusiveness. Zeke used more as a blocking FB, short yardage, pound the rock type. Sure Dallas needs both, that's not the question. But next year, Zeke's contract works against him and he is vastly overpaid for what he does. No lies here.
No way should it be 60-40 in favor of Zeke. Should be 70-30 or even 75-25 in favor of Pollard.