THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y'all still want Zeke back?
giphy.gif

817Gill

Reaction score
I am so grateful for the good Zeke gave us and how he laid it all on the line week in and week out.

That being said, I really don’t get why people are freaking out about replacing his production, 2022 season stats ; CAR. 231. 10th ; YDS. 876. 22nd ; TD. 12. Tied-5th ; AVG. 3.8. 42nd.

Any professional running back can get you 3.8 ypc and 876 yards on 231 attempts. This is actually below average production.

Only thing you see there that stands out is TD’s and a good amount of those were goal line carries. If short yardage rushing attempts are your concern, fine, even though it’s such a niche part of the game that is honestly more dependent on OL. But to be worried about replacing 3.8 ypc is hilarious. Malik Davis could do that tomorrow. In fact, I’m positive if he got 231 carries he’d average over 3.8 per carry.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I am so grateful for the good Zeke gave us and how he laid it all on the line week in and week out.

That being said, I really don’t get why people are freaking out about replacing his production, 2022 season stats ; CAR. 231. 10th ; YDS. 876. 22nd ; TD. 12. Tied-5th ; AVG. 3.8. 42nd.

Any professional running back can get you 3.8 ypc and 876 yards on 231 attempts. This is actually below average production.

Only thing you see there that stands out is TD’s and a good amount of those were goal line carries. If short yardage rushing attempts are your concern, fine, even though it’s such a niche part of the game that is honestly more dependent on OL. But to be worried about replacing 3.8 ypc is hilarious. Malik Davis could do that tomorrow. In fact, I’m positive if he got 231 carries he’d average over 3.8 per carry.
:hammer:

This is just truthful analysis, and a lot of fans can't handle that. I trust McClay to find someone to fill the roles Zeke had.

CWR

Reaction score

Y'all still want Zeke back?

Wow, I'm suprised to see Mixon, Kamara, AJ Dillon, and Pierce so low.

Najee is a beast, but he is also a volume back.

I just glanced, maybe I missed it, but I'm curious to know how much of this is based on oline play.

Can confirm, Herbert is a stud. It probably doesn't hurt playing with Fields.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
TP was of course better than Zeke last year, but this stat is wildly dependent on usage, and the presentation exaggerates the difference.

Backs who get short yardage and goalline carries are always going to rank low on these types of things. A 1-yard touchdown run, for instance, is a 0 on this chart.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You got some petty ********** in here still talking about Zeke after he was released months ago.

jeebus

plasticman

Reaction score
Teams win by scoring points, despite what is "expected" in yards.

Over the past 2 seasons the 3rd ranked RB in scoring rushing TD's was Ezekiel Elliot.

Now he is gone. Who is going to replace that?

I'm not saying Zeke isn't in decline and I'm not saying he was worth his contract. I just want to know which player or players will replace Zeke in short yardage and goal to goal situations.

I can remember this being an issue before Zeke's arrival and going away while he was with the team. This is, once again, an issue that must be addressed. Who is the dependable power back who will replace all of Zeke's scoring in these tough situations?

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score

Hmm, clearly it takes context in the consideration. Also if you are looking at specific oline groups you have 2 perfect examples. Montgomery and Herbert, same line different ends of the spectrum.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Herbert (2021 6th rnd pick)

Also pretty high were Allgeier (2022 5th rnd pick) & Pacheco (2022 7th rnd pick)

Knotamus

Reaction score
I’m not a Zeke homer, but this by no means, accounts for situational football.

Pollard is by far the better RB, but the Pollard homers better brace for this stat to drop significantly if the Cowboys plan to use Pollard like they did Zeke.

Pollard obviously is more explosive and can break off the long runs.. but if he’s asked to get a majority of the obvious short distance “dirty” yards like Zeke was good at.. well, Pollard will get run into the ground like Zeke.

There’s really no reason to crap on Zeke at this point. He was awesome for a few years and wore down..there’s a reason why most teams just draft another RB after 3-4yrs of good production.

Hopefully MM has a better plan for the run game that doesn’t included ramming Pollard directly into the OL every first down.

Redline360

Reaction score

Exactly.....and his so called vaunted blocking was dismal as well

Just wait till the "but Zeke is one of the top backs for 2-3 years running on TD production" short sighted people show up. Zero understanding the man was force fed short yardage TDs and is easily replaceable with a JAG.

Section446

Reaction score
Zeke was horrible, has been for a few years now. I'm glad he's gone, good ridance.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That being said, I really don’t get why people are freaking out about replacing his production

It's more than that. You have to do the "feed me" thingy and jump in salvation army buckets also.

:laugh: