RCA Dome, former home of Indianapolis Colts, imploded

gmb85

Reaction score
When that happens to Texas Stadium I don't think I'll be able to watch. I just drove by there today to see it one last time. (I live in Arlington, TX)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gmb85;2507533 said:
When that happens to Texas Stadium I don't think I'll be able to watch. I just drove by there today to see it one last time. (I live in Arlington, TX)
Me neither.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Real1st;2507540 said:
I don't think i can watch Texas Stadium get demolished.

Lots of History, memories and emotions in that building...will go up in smoke!

:(

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StylisticS;2507653 said:
Have they made a decision with what they will do with the stadium now? Or will they just let it sit idle like Houston does with the Astrodome.
Texas Stadium is going to be imploded, as well...and will be replaced by a mixed use environment.

Houston gov't is dumb. They don't want to tear it down, but they can't approve any new renovations for it, cuz it Houston rode and the Texans have input as well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
StylisticS;2507653 said:
Have they made a decision with what they will do with the stadium now? Or will they just let it sit idle like Houston does with the Astrodome.

Last I heard...if reported right, was that the city was going to put some kind of Mall in it's place.

reddyuta

Reaction score
StylisticS;2507653 said:

they have made plans to build a huge convention center at the site-i saw a picture of it in the morning news today.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2507661 said:
Texas Stadium is going to be imploded, as well...and will be replaced by a mixed use environment.

Houston gov't is dumb. They don't want to tear it down, but they can't approve any new renovations for it, cuz it Houston rode and the Texans have input as well.

I thought is was going to be replaced with a Mall or something like that?

:confused:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2507670 said:
I thought is was going to be replaced with a Mall or something like that?

:confused:
The plan for the convention hotel/mall has been on the table for about 3 years now. I'll believe it when I see it.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Dumb question, but what happens if the Colts somehow get a home playoff game? I'm guessing this was already thought through, but wow.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
SteveOS;2507746 said:
Dumb question, but what happens if the Colts somehow get a home playoff game? I'm guessing this was already thought through, but wow.
LOL, they opened their new stadium this year.

Kilyin

Reaction score
SteveOS said:

windward;2507755 said:
LOL, they opened their new stadium this year.

:laugh2: