Real Fans vs Haters. There's a Difference

GINeric

Reaction score
REAL FANS - People who are knowledgeable about the game of football, can come down hard on a player when they're stinking up the joint, but will also give credit when the player is playing well. Real fans can disagree with opinions of other fans and still be respected. Real fans can have a legit gripe with players or coaches and have the ability to intellectually explain why they have a gripe or don't like players or coaches with legit facts, situations, or evidence that effectively support their opinions and don't hide and run from other fans that question why they feel certain ways about players and coaches in a negative way. REAL FANS support everyone on the team with a Star on their helmet, jacket, shirt or headset.

Real Fans root for their own players and coaches to do well and WIN!!!

HATERS - People who may or may not be knowledgeable about the game of football. People who look forward to seeing their own team or players or coaches fail so they can appear right. People who come down hard on their own players when they're stinking up the joint, but fail to give props/praise when players play great. Haters actually run and hide after victories and pop back up the next time the team loses. Haters place blame of losses on players even if those players played good enough to win. Haters make bogus accusations against players and coaches but can't explain what they are. Haters run and hide like cowards when asked to give legit facts, proof, or reasoning for their gripes or dislike for players. Haters fail to effectively justify their logic when you compare it to real time facts or actual production.

Haters don't want to see players and coaches on the team they "claim" to root for do well.

I say this to clarify that all of the people who disagree with me or anyone else who i may share the same views with is NOT who I consider a hater. As a matter of fact, there's a few people here that TOTALLY disagree with my views with certain players on this team, and have even changed my outlook on said players because they were able to give a credible and compelling argument about said players. My man MountaineerCowboy is someone I've pretty much disagreed with but he's changed my outlook on a few things.

Again, disagreeing with me or others don't make you a hater. Its the people who place blame, never give credit, and look forward to the downfall of their own players, and run and hide like cowards when asked to make their case or shed light on their opinion especially, when their judgment of players and coaches don't line up with reality.

That's the difference between REAL FANS and HATERS.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Most haters aren’t fans of the team. They will act like it but it’s just fake. They will stay on a player and not root for them. Or dog the team when given a chance. I didn’t want TO on the team because I knew what he could and would do to the locker room. But once he was A Cowboy I wanted him to succeed.

There are fans that are haters of a player and if they do good they will down play it because they don’t want to be wrong.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Real fans like to discuss all aspects of their team, positive or negative.

Haters react violently — with hate, as the label suggests — to any opinion they don’t share.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning cures all. As we seen in the past, how this board is. Win, the " dislikers " go away. Lose, they return. Well, except a few stick around regardless.

However, as we were winning last year, it did warrant some criticism, but constructively from some, not so much from others.
Like for me, we led the NFL in offense, but I still was critical of Moore. I still do not care for him, but I hope he does great this year though. I root for the team.

Defense, looked great, fantastic year with the turnovers. However I said all of last season, those also covered up some warts. Hopefully that is fixed this season.

kskboys

Reaction score
REAL FANS - People who are knowledgeable about the game of football, can come down hard on a player when they're stinking up the joint, but will also give credit when the player is playing well. Real fans can disagree with opinions of other fans and still be respected. Real fans can have a legit gripe with players or coaches and have the ability to intellectually explain why they have a gripe or don't like players or coaches with legit facts, situations, or evidence that effectively support their opinions and don't hide and run from other fans that question why they feel certain ways about players and coaches in a negative way. REAL FANS support everyone on the team with a Star on their helmet, jacket, shirt or headset.

Real Fans root for their own players and coaches to do well and WIN!!!

HATERS - People who may or may not be knowledgeable about the game of football. People who look forward to seeing their own team or players or coaches fail so they can appear right. People who come down hard on their own players when they're stinking up the joint, but fail to give props/praise when players play great. Haters actually run and hide after victories and pop back up the next time the team loses. Haters place blame of losses on players even if those players played good enough to win. Haters make bogus accusations against players and coaches but can't explain what they are. Haters run and hide like cowards when asked to give legit facts, proof, or reasoning for their gripes or dislike for players. Haters fail to effectively justify their logic when you compare it to real time facts or actual production.

Haters don't want to see players and coaches on the team they "claim" to root for do well.

I say this to clarify that all of the people who disagree with me or anyone else who i may share the same views with is NOT who I consider a hater. As a matter of fact, there's a few people here that TOTALLY disagree with my views with certain players on this team, and have even changed my outlook on said players because they were able to give a credible and compelling argument about said players. My man MountaineerCowboy is someone I've pretty much disagreed with but he's changed my outlook on a few things.

Again, disagreeing with me or others don't make you a hater. Its the people who place blame, never give credit, and look forward to the downfall of their own players, and run and hide like cowards when asked to make their case or shed light on their opinion especially, when their judgment of players and coaches don't line up with reality.

That's the difference between REAL FANS and HATERS.
Well said.

Funny thing is, a homer can also be a hater.

Hardline

Reaction score
A hater is someone who can't handle hearing valid criticism like Rockport. He is mentally weak .
Telling the truth doesn't make you a hater.