Realistic Expectations for this Team

rambo2

Reaction score
I see a lot of threads and posts that just seem to have unrealistic expectations for this team. I think we all need to realize what we should be hoping for from this team this season.

We all know that the defense isn't very good. We all know that Dak isn't Patrick Mahomes. We all know that Zeke isn't as explosive as he once was. The offensive line is not the top-5 unit that it once was. Add whatever you want to this list.

All of this is true and I have some of the same frustrations, but we need to realize some things. Does Dak need to go 37-43 for 465 yards and 4 touchdowns every game to be good enough for us to not rip his performances apart? Does the defense have to suddenly become the '85 Bears for us to have a chance? Does Zeke need to be Emmitt Smith for us to appreciate when he does something good? I would answer these with a resounding no. We just played (and won) a hard fought game against a good Chargers team. We all should also know by now that right now this is not a championship roster and expecting a Superbowl this season is an unreasonable expectation to have. Despite all of this, myself and a lot of fans feel like if this team can find a way to win the division and make the playoffs on a hot streak, who knows what could happen? This season is going to have ups and downs because this roster IS deeply flawed and it shows, but we have enough talent to make some noise. This was an ugly win, but even the best teams have to win ugly in the NFL. It is a tough league filled with great teams. Style points don't count and I will take today's result over last week's any day. Now I would recommend everyone enjoy the win, because they have been few and far between for the last few years.
The defense is pretty good and this team should win the division and be good in the playoffs *** well.

morat1959

Reaction score
Another thing we should realize is that the extra game in the season along with the 7th playoff spot now in either conference will likely play to our advantage. We are probably good enough to remain favorites in the division since NY, Philly, and Washington haven't really shown us a reason to think otherwise however, we will definitely be in play for one of the 3 wild card positions. This team should be able to at least make the playoffs. If we continue to improve and get some players back from injury we should be a team no one really wants to play in January.
We’re the team everybody wants to play in Jan.

morat1959

Reaction score
be done with me, because you clearly can’t fix your own stupidity. When we blow your weak win total out the water come back with the typical “I’m glad I was wrong” crap yall always say
You live in a dream world.

ultron

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha! The chargers should have won that game but they lost it, and the refs hosed them worse than us. Roger will make sure that doesn't happen again.
Why should the chargers have won that game? We outplayed them and they could stop our defense without holding us the whole game. There could’ve been many many more flags. Re-watch the game and pay attention to how many times that RT held Micah Parsons. They shouldn’t have scored that first 8pts because we got a pick and that PI call was terrible, every DB touches the receivers back to feel which direction they’re going - Kearse didn’t grab or hold the dude, it was perfectly played and he picked it. That was the worst call of the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha! The chargers should have won that game but they lost it, and the refs hosed them worse than us. Roger will make sure that doesn't happen again.

I do agree the Chargers lost this one and they did get hosed.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
my expectations for this team is to go week to week and see where they end up

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have high expectations, Cowboys gave a good showing vs the Champs then turned around playing back to back road games and took down the Chargers. I think the offense showed they can play different styles of offense from a heavy passing to a game plan that focused more on running the ball. Defensively this team has a lot of work to do but they are making key plays in the game and I do expect this unit to improve as the season moves forward.

starfan1

Reaction score
My realistic expectations are the playoffs then anything can happen. I think the team should compete week in and week out. We are beat up on defense but i think we are improved. The Gallimore injury was hurtful to the line as I think he is the only one i expect to get penetration but he may open up things for others. (at least I hope).

We cannot get over the stupid in a game. Our coaching staff,Our players there just seems to be one or 2 gaffs a a game. The special teams stupidity this game and poor performance last game does give me cause for concern. I don't know that this team can go through a 17 game season and not lose critical players and there are a few that we cannot lose. ( i guess all 32 teams have this issue)

I am most concerned about the defense and health of the Oline. If those 2 things stay in tact then we can beat anybody. Any given Sunday though so anybody can beat us. I would hope that the team can play well enough to give us a cushion to absorb the blunders that Mccarthy cant seem to avoid.