Realistic Playoff Breakdown

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
We win 2 games we are in.

You all know our schedule, Obviously we need to win one of the two games between Car and KC. But, we could lose both and still make it to the playoffs.

Reason being....

Minnesota is 7-5. But they are 1-5 against teams with winning records this year. Impressive huh? And they aren't exactly beating up on those losing teams either. They still play Pitts and Chicago. I see them finishing 9-7 at best.

Atlanta is 7-5. But still play 3 playoff bound teams. Tampa Bay, Carolina(again), and Chicago. I see them finishing AT BEST 9-7. They havn't been impressive either lately. They look worse than we did today even, I live in Atlanta that's all I hear about, and even the radio hosts, newspapers and tv seem to be giving up on them. This was a team that was SUPPOSED to be in the superbowl.

So I think if we win 2 games out of the 4 we are very much in it still. We own a much better conf. record than Atlanta who is 4-4 at the moment. And are a .5 game above Min. But I don't see Minnesota finishing any better than 9-7.

So reality is, we need to win AT LEAST 2. And preferrably conf. games to be in this.

NJCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
2-2? Man we can do that - STL and Wash are beatable...KC will be a barn burner...Carolina?

NorTex

Reaction score
We have to beat Washington and one other NFC team.

Don't forget that Washington is still in the hunt if it comes down to a 9-7 team making the playoffs.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
That is true. I'm just saying this scenario b/c everyone is talking about Carolina and Minnesota and throwing in the towel.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Muhast said:
We win 2 games we are in.
Possibly. But that puts us on the road for a wild card and I don't see us winning that game. If we make the playoffs we will have to earn it and it is going to take much better play than I saw today.