Realistically can we afford to sign all three Lamb, Ceedee, and Dak?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can we afford to do this, if we do this is it worth that much of the cap being tied up in three huge contracts. I'm sure it's been done before elsewhere or maybe not, but it's a lot of money to go out. What about the depth that we will need to bring in to close out the roster?? Please give your thoughts, can we financially make this happen and play good football????
yes we can.

should we? that's the question

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly. Paying big money for those guys has become more like fantasy football than championship football.
And I don't see any of the three worth huge money. I like all 3 as players, BTW, just not worth cap strapping money.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Can we afford to do this, if we do this is it worth that much of the cap being tied up in three huge contracts. I'm sure it's been done before elsewhere or maybe not, but it's a lot of money to go out. What about the depth that we will need to bring in to close out the roster?? Please give your thoughts, can we financially make this happen and play good football????
only if dak takes a fair deal

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Dallas will sign and extend all 3. It’s the Jerry way. Is it the right thing? Who knows?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
lamb is the only one worth keeping. Trade parsons for best deal in picks you can get, ride out this year with dak. Let him go

Aven8

Reaction score
KC has the best QB in football and the best defensive player in football as well. They also have the best coaches in football with Reid and Spags.

We have one of the best WR’s and next best defensive player in Micah. Keep those two and get a cheap QB. And that can be a rookie or someone in the 20 million range as well.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
KC has the best QB in football and the best defensive player in football as well. They also have the best coaches in football with Reid and Spags.

We have one of the best WR’s and next best defensive player in Micah. Keep those two and get a cheap QB. And that can be a rookie or someone in the 20 million range as well.
Debatable for the defensive guy!! Clearly it's Micah, his 13 sacks a season and limited appearances in the playoffs still means he's the best

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easily.....You believe Dallas is in Cap hell? Then believe I created the Universe....
In the beginning, there was only the void. Then IceStar-D7 created Jerry Jones.

The universe imploded one trillionth of a second later.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Without reading all four pages the answer is yes.

The Cowboys love to be cheap and try to fool fans into thinking the cap will prevent them from doing so.

In reality, Dallas can sign Dak, Lamb, and Micah to long term deals, structure it in a way so a large portion of their base pay is in bonuses, and still have over $20 million of cap room in 2025. Depending on who you believe the Cowboys right now have anywhere from $83 million to $100 million of space next year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, they can as long as they don't send too much on the roster this year. Save a good chunk of this year's salary cap to roll it over to next year when those three players expect to get paid. Then spread those contracts out to be paid over multiple seasons in the future.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If they sign all 3, then we have to wonder what happens to guys like Diggs, Bland, Tyler Smith, etc. It will be tough to sign all of the better players on Dallas if they are paying Dak, CeeDee, and Micah $120 million per year.
You don't win with overpaid super stars.

Ask the Yankees. They tried it for years.

You need team good players that play as a team.

Part of the problem, just being in Dallas makes good players into stars because of the spot light.

Have to know when to trade them. Zeke should have been traded. Huge mistake.

conner01

Reaction score
You realize signs lamb cuts his cap hit. And you know ceedee and lamb are the same player, right. Signing Dak even cuts his cap hit. So cap wise it’s easier. Whether you do it or not is a bigger question but for cap alone it actually helps

conner01

Reaction score
We should trade Ceedee for a first, sign lamb and let Dak play out. All problems solved