Realistically, what record do you see the Cowboys finishing this season?

phildadon86

Reaction score
See. These teams lost to competent teams. Chargers aren't a bad team at all and they are way better than their record says they are.

Good teams have bad games, yes.
Good teams DO NOT go on losing streaks and lose to teams that get blown out by purposefully tanking teams (2019 Dolphins over the 2019 Ghost seeing Jets).
The Jets game RIGHT NOW doesn't look like it will be the "end all of our season, but when it comes down to the end of the season and Dallas is 1 game away from clinching the playoffs, that Jets game is going to hurt. BAD.

At the end of the day, yes, the Packers and Pats lost to (good) teams. But they're going to bounce back and play well next week/after their bye week because they are DISCIPLINED and WELL COACHED.
So your argument for why this team will only win one more game this season is because they lost to the Jets. Now its not the end all of our season. Makes sense. The chargers are horrible what are you smoking? Green Bay had all of their starters back and lost. We were missing our tackles and 2 of our 3 starting WR. Give it a rest. Stop trolling.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So your argument for why this team will only win one more game this season is because they lost to the Jets. Now its not the end all of our season. Makes sense. The chargers are horrible what are you smoking? Green Bay had all of their starters back and lost. We were missing our tackles and 2 of our 3 starting WR. Give it a rest. Stop trolling.

Have you watched any of the past Chargers games? They would likely be 5-4 right now had they not stupidly fumbled in the end zone during the Titans game. They won last night because, like I said, they are better than their record says. They aren't GREAT by any means, but they are a competent team that can stir up trouble. Their front 4 is actually pretty good. Joey Bosa is a monster like his brother. They will bounce back as well. Look at what happened when they lost to the Eagles. They came back the next week and blew us out. They won't be embarrassed for long.

Also, I bet you even if any team in the league was missing their tackles and starting WR, they'd still win against the Jets. That''s how bad the Jets are. Stop trying to come up with excuses as to why we lost. Injuries aren't an excuse. If you're a good team, it's simply that. You don't lose to bottom feeding teams regardless of missing a player or two. There is nothing to excuse.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Pats didn't stomp the Bills....

Actually watch the games you talk about, please.

Well, excuuuuseee meee, I should have said "with the exception of the Bills game" But I'm sure you knew that's what I was saying, since we were talking about the Bills barely losing to the Pats.

But the Bills game is ONE GAME. You can't cherry pick one game and show it proves anything. How about this - the other games before this loss?

33-3
43-0
30-14
33-7
35-14
33-0
27-13
Average score? 33 - 7

Sorry, beating losing record teams doesn't make them anything but average in my book. If it does to you, fine, that's your opinion, I respect that.

And that includes my Cowboys, by the way...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Have you watched any of the past Chargers games? They would likely be 5-4 right now had they not stupidly fumbled in the end zone during the Titans game. They won last night because, like I said, they are better than their record says. They aren't GREAT by any means, but they are a competent team that can stir up trouble. Their front 4 is actually pretty good. Joey Bosa is a monster like his brother. They will bounce back as well. Look at what happened when they lost to the Eagles. They came back the next week and blew us out. They won't be embarrassed for long.

Also, I bet you even if any team in the league was missing their tackles and starting WR, they'd still win against the Jets. That''s how bad the Jets are. Stop trying to come up with excuses as to why we lost. Injuries aren't an excuse. If you're a good team, it's simply that. You don't lose to bottom feeding teams regardless of missing a player or two. There is nothing to excuse.
Right. OK. So San Fran barely got out of Arizona. Injuries. So one mistake right? So the dropped passes in the Jets game arent a reason to lose but when the Chargers do it. They should have one. You're comical .

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Right. OK. So San Fran barely got out of Arizona. Injuries. So one mistake right? So the dropped passes in the Jets game arent a reason to lose but when the Chargers do it. They should have one. You're comical .

What are the records of those teams again? Packers are... 7-2? San Francisco is.... 8-0?
Those teams don't need to be excuses because they simply come back and execute. They right their wrongs.

As for the Chargers, they dropped one detrimental pass. Just one. It's excused because despite that, they were in the game the entire time. They fought the entire time and kept trying to right their wrongs.

This Dallas team did no such thing in the Jets loss. It's funny that you say I'm the comical one when you are the one trying to excuse that terrible game that happened not long ago. There ARE NO EXCUSES TO LOSING TO THE JETS. DROPPED PASSES SHOULDN'T HAPPEN IN BUNCHES AGAINST THE JETS.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What are the records of those teams again? Packers are... 7-2? San Francisco is.... 8-0?
Those teams don't need to be excuses because they simply come back and execute. They right their wrongs.

As for the Chargers, they dropped one detrimental pass. Just one. It's excused because despite that, they were in the game the entire time. They fought the entire time and kept trying to right their wrongs.

This Dallas team did no such thing in the Jets loss. It's funny that you say I'm the comical one when you are the one trying to excuse that terrible game that happened not long ago. There ARE NO EXCUSES TO LOSING TO THE JETS. DROPPED PASSES SHOULDN'T HAPPEN IN BUNCHES AGAINST THE JETS.
Right. You are comical because you thrive on the Jets game. That is literally the only game you constantly bring up. I bring up that the Packers have a stinker game against a lower team and you pawn it off. I know what you are now. And so does this entire board.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, excuuuuseee meee, I should have said "with the exception of the Bills game" But I'm sure you knew that's what I was saying, since we were talking about the Bills barely losing to the Pats.

But the Bills game is ONE GAME. You can't cherry pick one game and show it proves anything. How about this - the other games before this loss?

33-3
43-0
30-14
33-7
35-14
33-0
27-13
Average score? 33 - 7

Sorry, beating losing record teams doesn't make them anything but average in my book. If it does to you, fine, that's your opinion, I respect that.

And that includes my Cowboys, by the way...

Seeing as how the discussion was about the Bills (maybe go back and get context?) - the fact that they held Brady in check, kinda adds to my point that the Bills have a pretty dang good defense with a mediocre to bad offense.

Swagger

Reaction score
I say 6-10. It sucks to say this but I haven't seen enough from this team to say they will be above 10 wins. They dominated against a .500 team that was Philly in Week 7, however, Dallas has a problem with consistency and they likely won't dominate like this for the rest of the season. We really messed up by losing to the freaking Jets as well, and I have a feeling that that loss is going to come back to bite us in the arse.

Just by looking at the schedule, I say:
NYG: W. They look way better with "Danny Dimes", but I think we can still come up with a W on this one. I know our defense can be pretty horrendous sometimes, but that Giants D is rough. I forgot who they got added to their D, but we have a new weapon as well so it will be nice to see how these new additions work out.

Vikings: L. Good WR duo, Kirk is getting better and better, good running game, good defense and a competent coach. This is not a good match up. Being at home doesn't really help either like it would for other teams in the league.

Lions: L. They're better than their record says they are. Their defense is average, but Stafford does work some magic with that offense. He's had a lot of 20-30+ point games this season. They almost won against the Chiefs and got cheated against the Packers. I can't see Dallas beating them. Not with the mentality they currently have.

Patriots: L. Nuff said. Belichick and that now historically good defense. You could make the argument that they haven't played anyone "great" but never doubt the Patriots. Doesn't help that we'll be away in a cold environment. This Dallas team won't be prepared mentally or physically for this game.

Bills: L. I know a lot will say that their record looks better than what they actually are, but teams tend to turn it up before they play Dallas. That defense is still pretty good. The offense leaves a lot to be desired however. This will also be a short week game. We are coming from the Pats game, where we got our butts kicked. Our team will not be physically or mentally ready.

Bears: L. Same for the Bills. Good D, bad offense, Probably going to turn it up before they play Dallas like every team does. We'll be more rest for this game, actually. Once again, this Dallas coaching will NOT scheme or plan for the Bears, and the team once again will not be mentally prepared.

Rams: L. We got our butts whooped by their running game in the playoffs, and they'll likely do it again unless our run D improves. Rams have been up and down this season, but they will still likely outcoach us. This could be a revenge game, but I doubt this Dallas team has enough fire to seek revenge against this team. It is true that Gurley nor Goff has looked GREAT this season, but once again, they will likely turn it up for this game. They are also fighting for a wild card spot since the 49ers or Seahawks will win that division, so a lot of their games are important.

Eagles: L. Eagles are coming off easy wins this late in the schedule, they will be home, and they will be hungry for revenge after their embarrassing loss against us earlier in the season. By this time, it will likely be too late for the Cowboys to resurge, so they'll likely try to win (Why? because mediocrity.) Why not just try to lose to go ahead and get a better draft pick? Either way, Dallas will try to win, but Philly may try to come out on top to better their record for the playoffs

Commanders: W. They want that lower draft pick more than anything. They're a 1-3 win team right now, so this game will mean nothing for either team except how low do you want your draft pick be? Dallas, being the smart team they are, is going to win this game and get an even higher draft pick and a worthless win.

So, that's 6-10. Thoughts? What are your predictions?

7-9 or 8-8.

Eagles win the division.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Right. You are comical because you thrive on the Jets game. That is literally the only game you constantly bring up. I bring up that the Packers have a stinker game against a lower team and you pawn it off. I know what you are now. And so does this entire board.

I didn't pawn it off. I agreed they had a bad day, I'm just saying look at the facts. We can't exactly write off a team that blew us out. I bring up the other games often, not just the Jets one. The Jets one just sticks out because its such a devastating and avoidable loss.

CPanther95

Reaction score
This might be the first season I kinda hope they go deep into the playoffs. It would be worth it just to see the shytestorm when Rockpoint returns and accuses you all of being bandwagoners. :D

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Seeing as how the discussion was about the Bills (maybe go back and get context?) - the fact that they held Brady in check, kinda adds to my point that the Bills have a pretty dang good defense with a mediocre to bad offense.

So the Bills held one quarterback in check (they still lost the game) in one game and that makes them a very good team?

Not to me, but you believe what you want...