Reality Check

jr40usa

Reaction score
Amazing how different things look when you play a team with good talent at QB
and defense.The Vikings was just what the Boys needed before the Jax game.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
jr40usa said:

Good talent at QB? Whoa, must be really lowering the standards their.

EndGame

Reaction score
Well, I wanted the Cowboys to play a decent team in the preseason. I didn't think it would be the Vikes, though. They were better than I expected they would be.

Undisputed

Reaction score
This game was definately a wake up call. The season won't be a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination. We are in for another fight this year. Cardiac Boys in 2006!

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
jr40usa said:

Absolutely right...we as fans got a little cocky beating San fran and New Orleans, and lets be honest those are two teams who will pick in the top 10, if not the top 5...

This game will give the team a lot of perspective, and Parcells will have a lot of yelling to do i think, but it will help us, and i think we will go into Jax and beat the snot out of the Jags.

jr40usa

Reaction score
Ha, I didn't say he was great! I said good. After all, he is a SB QB.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
The fans are going to remain cocky/oblivious. Only now instead of saying how important preseason games are as an indicator, they are going to say the opposite.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We made a ton of mistakes in this game. I was never excited about the score in the N.O. and the S.F. games... I was excited about the execution and lack of mistakes (penalties). We played solid football through and through and the fact that the score reflected that is to be expected. You play that well... you move the ball a lot. Move the ball a lot... you score a lot. One is a result of the other.

And let's face it... had we not made the mistakes tonight that we did... the turnovers that we did... it would've been another lopsided score and another easy victory for Dallas.

The Cowboys are a good team fellas. If they play disciplined football and don't make the mistakes that did tonight... they're going to demolish some teams. We would've killed the vikings tonight had we executed like we did in the N.O and S.F. games.

This is a good team.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
jr40usa said:
Did Trent start against us this preseason?

Whats your point? Right now Brad Johnson is a mediocre player on a middle of the road team in one of the, if not THE worst division in football.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not making excuses, but I'm wondering if both sides of the ball were getting a bit cocky. They'd had it pretty easy, were getting some good press, so maybe they let down a bit. Parcells will be riding their butts this week, & rightfully so.

Also, we see that maybe McQ needs a bit more work & Petitti may not be on the trading block.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
We made a ton of mistakes in this game. I was never excited about the score in the N.O. and the S.F. games... I was excited about the execution and lack of mistakes (penalties). We played solid football through and through and the fact that the score reflected that is to be expected. You play that well... you move the ball a lot. Move the ball a lot... you score a lot. One is a result of the other.

And let's face it... had we not made the mistakes tonight that we did... the turnovers that we did... it would've been another lopsided score and another easy victory for Dallas.

The Cowboys are a good team fellas. If they play disciplined football and don't make the mistakes that did tonight... they're going to demolish some teams. We would've killed the vikings tonight had we executed like we did in the N.O and S.F. games.

This is a good team.
:hammer:

We kicked their ***** all over the field tonight, save one drive they had on our first team defense. I haven't looked at the stats, but I'm sure we blew them away there.

We made stupid mistakes, and a lot of them were made by Romo. He left at least 10 points on the field tonight. But it's good for him, it's a learning experience.

On a normal night, we win by 10-17.

And Minnesota's offense didn't look that good. They had that one 98 yards drive that they looked good on, but for the most part we held them in check. You're not going to hold every NFL offense to less than 20 plays per half (1st teamers). We were tested, and I'd say aside from that one drive, which was about 3 bad plays, we passed.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
I'm not making excuses, but I'm wondering if both sides of the ball were getting a bit cocky. They'd had it pretty easy, were getting some good press, so maybe they let down a bit. Parcells will be riding their butts this week, & rightfully so.

Also, we see that maybe McQ needs a bit more work & Petitti may not be on the trading block.

Exactly, and it is great perspective for the team going into the opener.

jr40usa

Reaction score
I am just saying the guy had a good game tonight. I did not say the guy belongs in the HOF. Just giving him props for tonight.
He was able to expose some things on our defense just like a veteran QB will do.

AtlCB

Reaction score
jr40usa said:
Didn't the Cowboys play Seattle in the preseason?

The team still overcame three turnovers and two missed field goals to come up with a tie.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Exactly, and it is great perspective for the team going into the opener.
I think Parcells is going to have his foot up their keisters up to his knee! I would not want to be them for the next 10 days!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw, Asthma Field, I guess this was the game BP wanted, one that would keep them sharp, I'd rather they have a letdown now instead of stringing together 4 great preseason games, and letting down against the Jags

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
:hammer:

We kicked their ***** all over the field tonight, save one drive they had on our first team defense. I haven't looked at the stats, but I'm sure we blew them away there.

Total Yards:

Dallas - 521
Minn - 303

Turnovers:

Dallas - 4 (3 INT and 1 FUM)
Minn - 0

Dallas missed 2 chipshot FG's in overtime and had 4 turnovers... two of them in the endzone just as we were about to score... and yet we still had it wrapped up in overtime.

We pushed them around all night. They couldn't stop our offense... it stopped itself.

I think Dallas gained about 30,000 yards in the 4 preseason games and allowed about 15 yards on D. We are ready and we are good.

Scores aside... our athletes kicked the crap out of the guys in front of them all preseason long. We're good.