Really comfortable sneakers

rags747

Reaction score
I have a difficult time finding sneakers that fit me. It seems like they are all too small or way too big. If find that the space above my big toe is usually too small to accommodate my toes comfortably. Some brands I am wear an 11 1/2 shoe. Some a 12 or 12.5. Some a 13. One thing I noticed is for some makers, the different between a 12 and 13 is ridiculous. it's like the difference between a row boat and a battleship.

I jog on a treadmill daily so having a good sneaker that fits is really important. I had a pair of size 12 2E New Balance sneakers last year and they damaged by big toenail.

Now I wear a size 12.5 2E New Balance sneaker, and I wear Sketchers relaxed fit size 12. I have Olukai slip on for summer, size 13.

I find the Sketchers relaxed fit to be the most comfortable. But it is always a project when it is time for me to buy shoes. Don't even get me started on golf shoes.
Size 13. That’s like Sasquatch size! Hopefully you are over 5’8”. You must be a good in the water!

rags747

Reaction score
They actually look good. There have been several very good suggestions in this thread. But these are hospital workers, it has to be taken seriously. Another thing I have to consider is how they look. If they look ridiculous, I'm not wearing them. But this brand looks good. Thank you to you all.
Agreed, I’m going to ck out this On brand further, I like some of the looks. Have u tried these?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I used to like New Balance too, until I tried Skechers. I've been wearing a pair of their hikers at work (don't remember the model) for about 8 months now, even through the winter (when the snow isn't deep) and they still look and feel pretty new. Now that it's getting hot out, I'm wearing a lightweight, cooler pair that are also very comfortable.
I swear by my Skechers... I even have causal shoes, not just tennis shoes, from Skechers.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Nike Max Air. Not sure which models, and starting to get old but still cushioned. Most comfortable sneakers ever had.

Doctors once told me New Balance was best for feet but my feet say otherwise.

I like to wear the memory foam Skechers inside.
Ding! Ding! Ding!! We have our winner. Nike is the only shoe I wear.

I heard Hey Dudes were comfortable, so I bought a couple pairs for work, and they're OK. Nothing like a pair of Nikes though. I have one pair that are like floating on a cloud.

Source:

I love shoes. :grin:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Have you ever been to Skechers? I have ultra wide feet, and they have sneakers and hikers that are really comfortable.
Just bought a pair. I like them. Hiked Runyon Canyon in Los Angeles last weekend. Ran into Steve O who was hiking with friends. Merrell has a hiking shoe that’s similar to the Sketchers I bought.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Under Armour Sonic 6

I don't even try to look for any other kind of sneakers anymore.

When version 7 comes out you can probably find version 6 for like 50 or 60 bucks.