LB, Tennessee

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
slotshot;2040244 said:
19. Eagles
Jonathan Stewart
RB, Oregon

That would be a surprise pick for many but I can see the Eagles going after a true every-down feature back like Stewart. They haven't had one in quite some time. That would free up Westbrook to do a lot more for their offense, which is good for the Eagles and bad for everyone else.

22. Cowboys
Aqib Talib
CB, Kansas

I could live with that. I think he will be a solid CB.

27. Chargers
Felix Jones
RB, Arkansas
Not sure about this one. The Chargers could use a backup, but RB isn't that pressing of an issue to draft one in the first round, especially with the draft class being so deep. I could see them addressing the position in rounds 3-5 though.

28. Falcons

Brian Brohm
(from Cowboys)
What do you think this trade would entail or what would the Cowboys be gaining? I think this pick goes to the Lions or maybe even the Bengals for a WR.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
27. Chargers
Felix Jones
RB, Arkansas

O.K., you're now the 2nd person who I have to take away your MOCK PRIVELAGES!

The Chargers do not have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick, so they have that ONE PICK in round 1 and dont' pick again till round 5, now I ask you, WHY ON GODS EARTH would you take a R.B. with your only pick in the 1st 4 rounds when you already have the league's best R.B.???????????

SO, your mock privelages have now been officially revoked along with DaBoys4Life's.

slotshot

Reaction score
Not sure about this one. The Chargers could use a backup, but RB isn't that pressing of an issue to draft one in the first round, especially with the draft class being so deep. I could see them addressing the position in rounds 3-5 though.

I pretty much took a best available player approach. As well, the Bolts took Turner in the second round previously to back up LT. Also, LT is not getting any younger and does have some miles on him.

What do you think this trade would entail or what would the Cowboys be gaining? I think this pick goes to the Lions or maybe even the Bengals for a WR.

My first guess would be their middle second and first third. This is a really prime spot for jumpin ahead in line to get one of the most game-ready QBs in this draft. He also fits their system particularily well. The Cowboys could then obtain the best RB/WR with thier first pick in the second (Jamaal Charles?), and the opposite with the second (Early Doucet?). This would also give us a high third to go along with our low third. Continued wild speculation might reasonably put Tyrell Thomas (SS) and Charles Godfrey (CB) in our hands. We could also sub one of these picks for a nice DT.

This would leave us with the first 3 rounds picks' as:

1. Antoine Cason
2a. Jamaal Charles (or Chris Johnson/Ray Rice?)
2b. Early Doucet (or Donnie Avery/Andre Caldwell)
3a. Tyrell Thomas (he has started rising fast the last couple of days though)
3b. Charles Godfrey

Dajuan Morgan, Chilo Rashal, Jordy Nelson, Matt Forte, Eddie Royal, etc... will also fall into the second and third rounds and would also be nice additions that would make our squad. It would also give us considerable freedom to pick up a project QB in the 4th (Josh Johnson?)

Just kicking it around :)

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
slotshot;2040710 said:

Does anyone read, the Chargers do not have 2nd, rd, or 4th round picks, so NO WAY will they use their only pick in the 1st 4 rounds on a R.B. when they already have the league's best!

This would leave us with the first 3 rounds picks' as:

1. Antoine Cason
2a. Jamaal Charles (or Chris Johnson/Ray Rice?)
2b. Early Doucet (or Donnie Avery/Andre Caldwell)
3a. Tyrell Thomas (he has started rising fast the last couple of days though)
3b. Charles Godfrey

Godfrey is a top 50 pick IMO!
Does not last past round 2 let alone late 3rd!

you didn't really explain the trade, we're trading down out of round 1 just to pick up an extra 3rd?
Not really sure I like that, if the Lions want to trade up, I only do it for Roy Williams, but I could see a trade down at #22 or #28 if we don't covet a player with a grade that high!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
slotshot;2040244 said:
27. Chargers
Felix Jones
RB, Arkansas
That is a very interesting pick. The guys on NFL Network were just commenting on that a few minutes ago. They reported that the Chargers could be looking at RB at 27 to replace Michael Turner and be the new backup for LT. Since LT is now over 30, this RB could be the backup that will eventually replace LT as the starter. Nice job!

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2040815 said:
That is a very interesting pick. The guys on NFL Network were just commenting on that a few minutes ago. They reported that the Chargers could be looking at RB at 27 to replace Michael Turner and be the new backup for LT. Since LT is now over 30, this RB could be the backup that will eventually replace LT as the starter. Nice job!

I'll say it again!
The Chargers do not have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round picks, so NO WAY will they use their only pick in the 1st 4 rounds on a R.B. when they already have the league's best!

slotshot

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2040815 said:

I guess that finally proves it, the media DOES get all of their info from the Zone! :laugh2: