Really, who cares anymore?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to who really cares about the Cowboys anymore?
I'm not talking about the team we grew up loving. I'm asking who really thinks this team can - or cares if they do- become a serious competitor ever again?
Or, has the PTSD taken over, and despite what your mind says, you just can't care what happens to this franchise anymore, outside of casual curiosity?
I'm in that category. Outside of a casual curiosity- just to see how bad it gets- Jerry's disrespect for the fans in coddling guys like Marion Barber Jr, Jason Garrett for thirteen years, and now Dak for eight- guys who never produced but were shoved down our throats and hyped without repentance year after year as we watched the rest of the team held back by those very players, has just wore me out. The Cowboys have had one of the best offensive lines in the game, but Jerry and Stephen refused to spend money on the interior of the defensive line, making the Cowboys defense soft in the middle. And wasting that offensive line year after year so Garrett could run his pass happy, undisciplined offense just wasted Tony Romo.
Jerry's love for overpriced players at the quarterback, receiver, and defensive end position because those positions grab headlines caused him to waste the careers of several great players.
And years of our lives.
So, could you still care; I mean really care what they do next?
Be honest
You continue to care even though you keep claiming you don’t care anymore. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t come here and post and keep complaining. That’s not the MO of someone who doesn’t care anymore. In 2023 you claimed you were leaving and said goodbye only to return.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Were you or @leeblair even born yet when that trade happened?

Incase you need a reminder the trade happened on October 12, 1989
If you check Rambo‘s profile, his age is listed as 68 so he was around when Herschel Walker was traded.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I care enough to want them to win, but if they don't, I won't care enough to let it ruin the day. I don't like the Jones clan. I believe they way overpaid Dak and Lamb. Still gonna hope they win until a win only stops them from getting a good draft position.

leeblair

Reaction score
You continue to care even though you keep claiming you don’t care anymore. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t come here and post and keep complaining. That’s not the MO of someone who doesn’t care anymore. In 2023 you claimed you were leaving and said goodbye only to return.
That's your opinion, but it's not the case.
I sincerely have lost interest. I'm not even mad. I just watch from distance out of casual curiosity.
And it's carried over to the rest of the NFL. I rarely watch a game.

leeblair

Reaction score
Since you asked for honesty, sure….

I can’t stand Jerry either but did you really need to mention Marion Barber in the same breath? The guy tragically passed early and was a good player for the team.

Technically you mentioned his father, but still….
I don't mean to disrespect his memory, but the fact is he was given a big contract and never produced.
But no, I meant no harm.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I sincerely have lost interest. I'm not even mad. I just watch from distance out of casual curiosity.
If you lost interest you wouldn’t be here posting about the team. You refuse to come to grips with that.

leeblair

Reaction score
If you lost interest you wouldn’t be here posting about the team. You refuse to come to grips with that.
No, I simply like discussing the situation with posters who I have become accustomed to.
There's a difference between caring about the team and caring about discussing issues.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Then stop making this thread every week lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, I simply like discussing the situation with posters who I have become accustomed to.
There's a difference between caring about the team and caring about discussing issues.
You’re discussing the team which means you still care about the team but apparently you’re oblivious to that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course I care. Sometimes I wish I didn't but I do and probably always will. All hope is not lost.
A lot of fans wish they didn’t care anymore but the OP refuses to accept the fact that he still does, which is why he keeps posting about the team. He repeatedly says he doesn’t care anymore in these threads he starts. :rolleyes: It’s like a guy or girl continuing to bring up their ex, but they claim they don’t care about them anymore. They’re in denial.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't mean to disrespect his memory, but the fact is he was given a big contract and never produced.
But no, I meant no harm.
Gotcha. No problem, but don’t forget that he didn’t sign himself.

Jerry made sure to sign the majority of the team that Parcells brought in here so he could take shots at his ever sought after “credit” and show the world that the title teams weren’t all about Jimmy Johnson. Figured he could win another like he did with Switzer with Jimmys roster.

Remember what BP said on the way out….’within two years you’ll never know I was even here.’

Hell if he wasn’t right when Jerry hired his ultimate hand picked puppet two years later who claimed that fixing a team that won a playoff game ten months earlier it was “a process” for years. Years.

Do things feel much different these days?

Sorry for the rant…not directed at you. It happens lol, but this guy flat out has no clue so I suppose we are on the same side. Bad mood. My fault.

10mike360

Reaction score
I do. It's my team. My anger and frustration is because I care about them. Because I think this team can be better than what they are. Because I want to see us win. I've never seen success, but I have no intention for my passion to ever change.
Me too. I tried not to care, but I can't do it. Love the boy's but I despise the ownership for what they have done to the team for years and years. Boy, don't you just love people that have lots of coin, like to make sure all the peasants know it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Me too. I tried not to care, but I can't do it. Love the boy's but I despise the ownership for what they have done to the team for years and years. Boy, don't you just love people that have lots of coin, like to make sure all the peasants know it.

I know, right?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
:lmao2: Aw come on man, now that was utterly ridiculous!