Recap: Salisbury and Golic breakdown the NFC Playoff Picture on ESPN Radio

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Can Dallas win the Super Bowl?

Golic: Dallas, best team in the NFC. Concerned about Romo

Salisbury: Yes, they need to be on their Ps and Qs. Don't get caught up in finese. Gotta pound it

Can the Giants win the Super Bowl?

Golic: No, injuries

Salisbury: Absolutely not and I am not sure they are in the Playoffs

Can Green Bay win the Super Bowl?

Golic: Yes, Favre is having monster year. NOt sure if they can run the ball. Defense is good

Salisbury: Yes, when you have #4 you can. Grant can run it, they are not 1 dimensional

Can Minny win the Super Bowl?

Golic: No, I love the running game but their QB is a question mark. Jackson is young, has to learn to throw the ball away

Salisbury: They can be a threat but if you shutdown the run game Jackson cannot beat you with his arm

Can Tampa Bay win the Super Bowl?

Golic: I wanna say yes, but I am going say no. Garcia is winner, defense is good. No

Salisbury: Yes, they play in NFC and they don't give up big plays. Packers and Cowboys built on the big play and they could possibly stop that. With Garcia, he is a winner and he is tough. They could upset

Can New Orleans win the Super Bowl?

Golic NO. Defense is not good

Salisbury: Not physical enough, no

Can Seattle win the Super Bowl?

Golic: Puts pressure on the QB

Salisbury: They play good Defense. QB is experienced but I question the run game

What's up with Cowboys not running the ball?

Greenberg: Cowboys need to get the ball to Barber. Romo was hurt so give the man the ball

Salisbury: I don't get it. It is like they forgot that they have this beast of a man in the backfield. Barber is a Top 5 back. He should touch the ball 25 times.

Golic: They ran the ball 15 teams and it is ridiculous. Barber is a freakin beast. He is the reason they can go to Lambeau and win

Salibury: They are not going to win if they run it 15 times against Tampa or anybody

Parcells?

Salisbury: I think he is very underrated as an evaluator. He has built a whole bunch of teams. I think he is going to evaluate the QB, Bill may not thinkt they have a QB but will look at it. You cannot get rid of John Beck. He will watch tape and not make a knee jerk move. Free Agency is terrible for QBs. They are going to have to trade or get somebody like Grossman.

Salisbury: He will hire a coach that is like himself. Maurice Carthon. Understands Bill and the wrath of Bill.

Rackat

Reaction score
Oops, Mods, please delete my MB3: a top 5 back thread.

Great recap mick.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with him about the contention that we cannot win if we only run the ball 15 times.

There were alot of plays in the Passing game that Romo flat out could not make for whatever reason.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but to me, the game versus the Eagles came down to the plays that Romo could not make, as opposed to the Eagles not letting us make those plays.

If Romo makes certain throws that he normally makes, I think we win by at least 2 TDs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, Steak Boy (I'm gonna steal that one, Dakota) loves him some Barber.

I just have to question again this great defense GB supposedly has. We're giving up fewer yards (and maybe points on D alone) and we have more sacks and interceptions than they do. Yet people act as if defense is a strength of theirs and a big weakness of ours.