Recipe Thread

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hey guys! It's football season and that means great football and great food. There was mention of recipes on a zone thread here. I have some ideas for future game weeks, but I'm always game for some good recipes from other Cowboys fans. Post 'em here! I'll start with something simple that I'm doing for tomorrow:

pack of Johnstown Bratwurst
1 medium sized onion
pack of fresh italian rolls
half stick of butter
Hobgoblin Dark Ale
http://www.wychwood.co.uk/wychwood_hobgoblin.htm

Night before:
1) Place butter in a skillet with diced onion and two pints of ale, turn heat to high
2) Poke three holes in each of the bratwurst sausages, and place into the skillet
3) Keep heat on high until the marinade boils, then turn down to low heat for 15 more minutes
4) Let the bratwurst settle (with heat off) for another 5 minutes, before removing and placing in a container with broth to stew overnight

Next morning:
5) Pre-heat grill to 350 degrees
6) Cut a slice through each brat length-wise and place on the grill. Flip only once. Cook until each side has the grill lines, preferably a little longer, usually 15-20 minutes total. Baste on broth from overnight liberally throughout the process (not necessary but I like 'em really juicy)

Place on roll and eat! I'm cooking some for tomorrow. Next week I'm doing lamb riblets, rotisserie style. Ain't football grand?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
A fantastic idea for a thread topic Skaven. Im looking forward to this. Ill post a few here soon. Keep this thread going.

D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Hey guys! It's football season and that means great football and great food. There was mention of recipes on a zone thread here. I have some ideas for future game weeks, but I'm always game for some good recipes from other Cowboys fans. Post 'em here! I'll start with something simple that I'm doing for tomorrow:

pack of Johnstown Bratwurst
1 medium sized onion
pack of fresh italian rolls
half stick of butter
Hobgoblin Dark Ale
http://www.wychwood.co.uk/wychwood_hobgoblin.htm

Boy, I can just feel my arteries clogging while reading that list of ingredients. ;)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Pick up phone
Call Pizza Hut
Crack open a beer
Pay delivery guy
Watch game
:D

LOL That sounds about right for me too. I'd love to say I'm a big BBQ guy but I'm in the religion that believes Sunday is a day that no effort -- except for the remote control button clicking -- should be put forth. It's couch humping, beer cracking and pizza paying time!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
*bump* let's go folks, I need some new recipe ideas. There are still 15 weeks left! :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If a guy named CBZ posts one for something called "Pea Salad" avoid it unless you want to spend the night in the bathroom ;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Here ya go...Best pasta dish on the planet..and take it from a New York, Italian..."fuggedhaboudit"

http://img144.*************/img144/8799/recipe7nh.jpg

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Want a simple idea for ribs?

Little to no effort and always comes out tender.
Double wrap 3-4 ribs(depending on size) in foil. "double wrap=wrap once and flip over to wrap again" that way the juices won't leak during cooking

Cook on your grill for 30 minutes with just a little more heat than the low setting. After 30 minutes, flip and cook for additional 30 minutes.

Pour your favorite sauce into a big bowl, remove ribs from foil and put ribs into bowl and then back onto grill. Cook for about another 10-15 minutes flipping and saucing them about every 5 minutes.

If anybody trys this for the first time, invite me to dinner and I'll let you know what I think. ;)

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
OOOhhhh.... how fun!!!

Goat Cheese Pizza
1 package of pizza crust (contains 2 crusts)
1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (cut into 2-4 inch strips)
1 bottle alfredo sauce
1 package (4 Cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package canadian bacon
goat cheese (as much as you like... I use a small package)

1.) Cook chicken in skillet with spices of your choice (I prefer Tony Chachere's creole seasoning).
2.) Evenly spread alfredo sauce on each pizza crust.
3.) Evenly distribute candaian bacon on each pizza crust.
4.) Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese on each pizza crust.
5.) As evenly as possible distribute cooked chicken on each pizza crust.
6.) Distriblute goat cheese on each pizza crust.
Place crust directly on rack in oven (or you could put on a pizza pan) and cook at 350 until cheese is melted.

This is absolutely delicious!!!! You could also add black ollives, spinich, mushrooms or whatever else you think might taste good.

Gimme a little while and I'll probably add more... recipes and cooking are my specialty :)

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
Seven Layer Dip
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
4 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1 cup guacamole
1 (6 ) can black olives, chopped
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green onions

Spread the beans into the bottom of a 9x13 inch serving tray that is about 1 1/2 inches deep. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of beans. Sprinkle black olives, tomatoes, and green onions on top. Dollip sour cream and guacamole in corners of dish.

You can serve this dish immediately, or refrigerate it over night and serve cold. I think it tastes better at room temperature.
Serve with chips and salsa.... umm umm good!

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If a guy named CBZ posts one for something called "Pea Salad" avoid it unless you want to spend the night in the bathroom ;)

How about MY pea salad???

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Get a small roast and put it in the crock pot. Fill the empty space with onions, potatos, bell pepper, and carrots.

Instead of water pour in a Spicy V-8 juice and let the roast cook over night on low in that.

The meat will fall off the bone it will be so tender.

Homemade bread makes this a feast.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Get a pack of Beer Brats from HEB.

Put them on the George Foreman grill for about 8-10 minutes.

Then eat them however you like. :D

Sorry, my cooking ability is limited to things I can do on the George Foreman grill, in a microwave, or in a toaster.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I call this recipe white enchiladas because almost every ingredient is white. 100% original recipe by me.

You will need...

2 Chicken breasts
mozarella cheese
sour cream
onion
1 can of diced green chilis
flour tortillas
taco seasoning packet
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup

Large casserole dish, frying pan and a bowl.

Dice the chicken breats into small cubes and brown in the frying pan. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the browned chicken and spoon in generous amounts of sour cream. Once the chicken is browned and covered, remove from heat.

In a bowl mix the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, the diced chilis, and half of the onion diced.

Take a flour tortilla and spoon in some of the browned chicken and sour cream. Roll it up like a burrito and place it in the casserole dish. Completely fill the bottom of the casserole dish in this manner.

Over the rolled enchiladas pour the soup, onion, and chili mixture evenly.

Grate mozarella cheese over the top of the enchiladas completely covering them.

Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I call this recipe white enchiladas because almost every ingredient is white. 100% original recipe by me.

You will need...

1 can of diced green chilis

Where on earth can one find these wily white green chilis? :D

Here is a traditional Philipino dish. EXCELLENTE'

Pork (or chicken) Adobo

1. Pork Shoulder Roast (3.5-5lbs) - cut into small bite sized chunks. Make sure to remove the bone. :D
2. Crushed Garlic - 2 TBSP (nice ones)
3. Oil - 2 TBSP
4. White Onion - 1/2-3/4 cup of diced onions
5. Red Vinager (1/3 cup)
6. Soy Sauce ( 1/2-3/4 cup)

Start off w/ onion/oil and garlic sizzling in a large stew pot. You want your onions clear and sizzling in the oil and garlic. Once you reach this step then add your chunked up roast. Cover this up for about 15-18 minutes until its rolling on the heat (setting about 4 on burner). This will produce a nice stock (from the pork fat) and will cook the pork up pretty nice. You now want to add your Soy sauce. Just dump it all in and stir it around. It will look dark but will lighten w/ heat. You want to keep the heat on for another 15min stirring it up in between. Make sure to keep this all covered when cooking. Now you add your vinager and continue to put the heat to it for another 15 min. All in all you want to cook this dish for about 45min-1hr depending on the tenderness of your meat. For chicken I would cook less than this duration. About 45min should be fine.

Let cool for about 10 minutes then serve over white jasmine rice. Make sure you are using Jasmine because this is about the best pure sticky rice going.

Its awesome..youll love it.