Recommend a Podcast

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Any other podcast addicts out there?

It's tough to keep track, but the bigger your library, the more you can pick what you're interested in when you do have time.

They're all free and if I pick right, I get more out of these than I do my paid cable shows. Not happy with the trend of some of these guys like Joe Rogan only being available exclusively on one type of app, but I understand it's business.

Here's some good recommendations from my library:

Football
- NFL Alumni Lounge, short, sweet, good talks with a lot of NFL vets
- The Ticket Top 10, best of Cowboys, fake Jerry Jones every Monday which is hilarious, Troy Aikman show, Darryl Johnston show, I still enjoy Norm but the poor guy is definitely getting up there in age
- Dan Patrick Show, IMO still the best of the original ESPN guys
- Chris Simms Unbutton, surprisingly good takes and analysis
- Hangin With the Boys, my favorite DC.Com podcast
- Flying Coach, only during the NFL offseason, Rams Coach Sean McVay gets great insight from coaches and smart players around the league, check out his 2-part episode with Troy Aikman

Other Sports
- Book of Basketball 2.0 with Bill Simmons, probably my favorite pro hoops podcast, listen to the 7-part series about Len Bias, a classic!
- The Ringer NBA Show, Bill Simmons company makes this too, one of the better bull#*#$ talk shows about sports

Entertainment
- Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, my favorite standup comedian, feels like California and old age are taking away from some of his blue collar everyman and politically incorrect humor but he still has it
- Bill Simmons Podcast, I like his writing career the most, but his show is fun to listen, sports & entertainment, mostly NFL and NBA which are my two favorite sports

Interviews
- *** With Marc Maron, probably the best interview podcast out there, a lot of them get the same guests as they all try to promote each other's podcasts, but Maron seems to have the hookup
- Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend, I think he just ended it but if you were a fan of Conan's stuff, showcases a lot of what made him the Tonight Show Host for that short year
- Kevin Hart Comedy Gold Minds, one of the newer podcasts, there are some good inspirational shows, and Hart gets guests the other podcast cant
- Hot Boxin With Mike Tyson, it's video too and I think I enjoy them on YouTube even more, everyone reacts different with Iron Mike, a lot of good fighter interviews, Tyson knows his stuff
- Joe Rogan Experience, he's all over the place depending on what interests him at the time, you'll go from a great life story with the Undertaker to someone involved in a huge conspiracy theory to a comedy legend interview

History/Informative
- Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Now & Then, it's a new one, and the hosts can be annoying, but I learn some good stuff
- Stuff You Should Know Podcast, same as the History Class but expands on anything
- Why It Matters, just started listening
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, it was much better years ago but still a classic

Business
- Marketplace NPR, Planet Money NPR, still great listens
- Mind Your Business, good host, a lot of real life experience stories and tips from him and others
- Side Hustle Show, I learn a lot about new eCommerce trends
- Freakonomics Radio, some good shows, if you ever enjoyed the famous book it's based on

News
- Fresh Air NPR, I wish the mainstream news was as intelligent

Self Help/Inspiration
- Ted Talks Daily, short sweet "best of" from the Ted Talks library
- Ted Radio Hour, the original classic

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I've never been much into podcasts but maybe that's because I haven't found a list like this. There are so many new podcasts at all times it's hard to decide if it's worth it or not to actually tune in.

Thanks for the list.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I like Joe Rogan's podcasts. I don't always agree with his views but he's a fairly down to earth guy with a wide variety of guests so I listen.

Rogan often has on guests from another podcast I really like the Meateater Podcast. If you're into hunting/fishing/outdoors it's a good listen.

Lore is another good one that follows true life folk lore. Not scary stories, but more along the lines of the history behind the scary story. Plus I dig the dudes voice.

Stuff You Should Know is another one I enjoy though I have to skip around a lot simply because there isn't much I don't know.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Appreciate the recommendations, I'll try them out. Hope we can keep this thread going with new additions.

Hardline

Reaction score
Mark Levin podcast
Ben Shapiro
Red Eye Radio

Infamous America
Cocaine and Rhinestones
Backstaged. The Devil in metal music.

The Conspiracy Skeptic
The Christian Underground Network

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Used to listen to a number of them but really don't bother much anymore.

However at the time I liked...

Adam Carolla podcast
Hollywood Babble-on with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman
Joe Rogan
The Nerdist with Chris Hardwick
Stone Cold Steve Austin show