Rector makes the team?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How could he not?

He's had the best preseason of any receiver not named Terry......

No way he doesn't make it!

kaboy

Reaction score
I like him. He looks more much seasoned than the other newbies.

sago1

Reaction score
Of course Rector looks more seasoned then the other rookies; Rector had the advantage of playing on the PS last year where he learned our system, knows our players, etc. I do think Hurd is also very good and he's beginning to contribute on ST. I think we keep Rector & Hurd along with the TO/Glenn & Crayton--although not happy with Crayton's effort on that one play.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
sago1 said:
Of course Rector looks more seasoned then the other rookies; Rector had the advantage of playing on the PS last year where he learned our system, knows our players, etc. I do think Hurd is also very good and he's beginning to contribute on ST. I think we keep Rector & Hurd along with the TO/Glenn & Crayton--although not happy with Crayton's effort on that one play.

Not to be argumentative but it sounds as if Rector couldn't fail. My hat's off to the kid. We need a slasher/Kmart WR. He had to perform whatever his preparation was. I agree with everything else you said.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
I think we solidified at least our top 5 receivers:

TO
Glenn
Crayton
Hurd/Rector

Copper/Green (not sure about these, depends on how many we keep)

if we keep 6, after tonight it will probly be Copper, and i feel bad for Skyler b/c i was rooting for him this preseason

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Glenn
TO
Crayton
Rector
Hurd
Copper

IMO we HAVE to keep 6, 2 qbs, and Vandy has to go to save on the KOS

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Be-Ware94 said:
Yes, as #5. Hurd probably has #4 locked up with his performance tonite.
I think you got it backwards.

Rector has a year on Hurd and much more polish.
As well as PR potential.
Rector will be the #4 and Hurd #5.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
You know, last night, BP went at Rector time after time. It kinda reminded me of last year when he ran Tyson Thompson over and over again when he was obviously spent. Rector was obviously spent last night, yet BP kept on going at him.

TT made this team, and I believe that him going at Rector last night is a sure sign of BP's confidence in Rector and makes him a no brainer for the roster.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Odd situation, it think rector and hurd make the squad -- both won't be active on gameday though. Hurd has played better on ST but Rector would be the punt returner. My guess would be Hurd plays and we have Crayton and sometimes Newman on PR.

Woods

Reaction score
I think Rector has earned a spot on the team.

Any idea if his punt return skills are good?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bigbadroy said:
made the team?

I will be shocked if he does not make the team. I have been impressed with him and Hurd. I really hope both make the team

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't hardly think you can leave Rector off this team after his showing. My best guess would be that he ends up as your #4 receiver, at this point. I was also impressed with Hurd. He would probably be my #5 guy, but I might only take the first four to the game...

Death Star

Reaction score
Woods said:
I think Rector has earned a spot on the team.

Any idea if his punt return skills are good?

Tyson Thompson has my vote for returns.

At this point there's no way Rector doesn't make it. It's clear they've been looking hard at him, and so far he's produced. My vote:

TO
Glenn
Rector *cough*
Crayton
Hurd

Stick Copper in at the bottom if we keep a 6th, either way works for me.

Woods

Reaction score
overfiend60 said:
Tyson Thompson has my vote for returns.

At this point there's no way Rector doesn't make it. It's clear they've been looking hard at him, and so far he's produced. My vote:

TO
Glenn
Rector *cough*
Crayton
Hurd

Stick Copper in at the bottom if we keep a 6th, either way works for me.

I don't think TThompson would be the PUNT return guy. I think it would have to be either Rector or Crayton . . . . which is why I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Rector's punt return skills. I think Crayton is o.k., but not really special in that category.