Rector makes the team?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Woods said:
I don't think TThompson would be the PUNT return guy. I think it would have to be either Rector or Crayton . . . . which is why I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Rector's punt return skills. I think Crayton is o.k., but not really special in that category.

I usually like punt returners with alot of agility, and I don't think TT fits that mold. I hate to see Crayton back there though, IMO, he is horrible at returning punts, just not agile or quick enough for it. Now Rector, I would like to see him back there, cause he does fit the mold.

silver

Reaction score
yep i agree rector makes it. copper too. he's shown to be reliable on crunch time.

Woods

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze said:
I usually like punt returners with alot of agility, and I don't think TT fits that mold. I hate to see Crayton back there though, IMO, he is horrible at returning punts, just not agile or quick enough for it. Now Rector, I would like to see him back there, cause he does fit the mold.

I'd guess it would probably be Rector returning punts as well.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Rector didn't make the team the way he's played recently. If we don't have him on our roster, he'll defiinitely end up on someone else's roster though.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Could he challenge Crayton for #3?

No reason why he couldn't. They'll both get some chances this year...we'll see who can do something with them.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
No reason why he couldn't. They'll both get some chances this year...we'll see who can do something with them.

If it comes down to health and Rector can stay healthy... I think he will win out on that... Crayton and Julius are getting annoying with this "injury" thing....;)

Reaction score
TheKey said:
Glenn
TO
Crayton
Rector
Hurd
Copper

IMO we HAVE to keep 6, 2 qbs, and Vandy has to go to save on the KOS

Do you have any more of whatever you're smoking left? Vandy is going to be here for the next few years. Come on! The guy comes back from a LEG injury & misses two meaningless OT FGs, and suddenly he shouldn't make the team. He's the all-time freaking kicker in accuracy in the NFL. I think he may just be given a little lee-way.

Reaction score
Why these ridulous threads wondering if Hurd or Rector make the team? Don't you think Parcells has been watching the same games as we have? Rector led the entire NFL in preseason receiving yards, and looked very good doing it. Hurd was just behind 2006 Pro-Bowl receiver Terry Glenn at #6. Something tells me the two barely slip in, (just a little sarcasm there).