Rector vs Green

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Rector is my choice.....Green a 4th round draft choice..well you win a few you lose a few.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Rector has shown too much to let him go. Ditto for Hurd.

I like Green (since he played for my Alma Mater), but I am concerned about the fact that he is one dimensional as only a kick returner, and he has not excelled in that area so far.

Green will have his special moments, and will be a great kick returner in the NFL one day, but you have to keep the players that have shown you something, regardless of draft status.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
i don't think it is Rector Vs Green at all. I don't think Green figures in to the WR battle at all. he was not drafted to be a WR. I think the real question, do you cut someone like green to keep a 10th OL that will be deactivated every game? I think we keep rector and hurd and green and keep 9 OL, not ten.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
hopefully, dallas can sneak green thru waivers and onto the practice squad. but i'll be surprised.

hurd and rector hafta stick. parcells would be loopy to expose either of these guys. they'd get snapped up in haffa-heartbeat.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
i don't think it is Rector Vs Green at all. I don't think Green figures in to the WR battle at all. he was not drafted to be a WR. I think the real question, do you cut someone like green to keep a 10th OL that will be deactivated every game? I think we keep rector and hurd and green and keep 9 OL, not ten.
So, you are saying that Green is more important than Rob or Jason?

ghst187

Reaction score
I just saw Rector's plays from the 49er game and we HAVE TO KEEP THAT GUY!!! He made some outstanding catches and had some subtleties in his game too that impressed me. For example, he got far enough past the first down marker before curling his route in so when he caught the ball and immediately went down, he still got the first down. Also, despite massive facegaurding and an underthrown ball, he jumped and reached back over the defender to get the ball. Another thing, this guy is quick and shifty. It wouldn't surprise me if he turned into a good PR.
In fact, I'd say it was a very close race with Rector and Hurd for the #4 WR spot. I like those guys.
If it comes down to Green or Rector, its a no-brainer. Green wasn't a very good WR even at LSU. They hyped him as a good, gamebreaking WR but that wasn't really true. He was a potential gamebreaker at KR/PR and gimmick plays but not as a true WR. I liked the Green pick at the time but our roster is too stacked right now and we're going to cut some decent players.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
At this time, I'm going with Rector. I would however like to see Rector take more snaps as a Punt Returner before I crown him.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
Anyone want to bet if Green is put on the PS he does not stay there long? IMO it's a totally wasted pick because he would not make the team but is too good for the PS.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
So, you are saying that Green is more important than Rob or Jason?

Well I think ST is a very important part of the game. I see no reason to keep 10 OL at this time. If the 5 starters are FLO, Kosier, Gurode Rivera, columbo, with Proctor, Rob, Mcq, and johnson, why keep Fabini? But even if you go for all 10 OL, are you going to keep, Hannam, ryan, curtis and Polite? I just see no reason to give up on Green after 1 TC and 3 PS games when we have players at other positions that will be de activated everygame if we keep them. You can keep, 2 QB, 3 RB, 9 OL, 4 TE and 5 WR and 1 HB and keep green on the roster as a ST player! Over the last couple of years, we have kept Copper on the roster as a ST player. So it can be done.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
Well I think ST is a very important part of the game. I see no reason to keep 10 OL at this time. If the 5 starters are FLO, Kosier, Gurode Rivera, columbo, with Proctor, Rob, Mcq, and johnson, why keep Fabini? But even if you go for all 10 OL, are you going to keep, Hannam, ryan, curtis and Polite? I just see no reason to give up on Green after 1 TC and 3 PS games when we have players at other positions that will be de activated everygame if we keep them. You can keep, 2 QB, 3 RB, 9 OL, 4 TE and 5 WR and 1 HB and keep green on the roster as a ST player! Over the last couple of years, we have kept Copper on the roster as a ST player. So it can be done.

Well stated but it's Rector...will take the loss if we lose Green

9R H8R in Paradise