Reggie Bush jersey #5

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
why cant the saints just tag reggie bush as a QB in the roster so he can wear #5? does he have to be considered RB? is this an unwritten rule or something?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
why cant the saints just tag reggie bush as a QB in the roster so he can wear #5? does he have to be considered RB? is this an unwritten rule or something?
He was drafted as a RB. Numbers for positions are set per league rule.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:

Because the 3rd QB is considered the emergency QB and is not active on game day unless of course the starter and backup are injured.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt said:
they could teach him how to kick extra points.

So Skyler Green (in your sig) will be able to wear #5, but Reggie Bush won't. I'm sorry I just don't see they reasoning behind the NFL being so strict on these numbers.:confused:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
So Skyler Green (in your sig) will be able to wear #5, but Reggie Bush won't. I'm sorry I just don't see they reasoning behind the NFL being so strict on these numbers.:confused:
Green is listed as a WR...he will have to wear a number in the teens (10-19) or in the eighties (80-89); he can't have number 5 either.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Green is listed as a WR...he will have to wear a number in the teens (10-19) or in the eighties (80-89); he can't have number 5 either.

Oh yeah forgot about that little rule.

I think the rules should be 50-79 and 90-99 should be reserved for linemen/linebackers, and the rest is fair game. Or add in QBs have to be under 20.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'll scream bloody murder if Bush is allowed to wear #5. Edgerrin James has lobbied for #5 for YEARS and has repeatedly been shot down. Charles Woodson is lobbying for #2.

Why should the rules change just because a hotshot rookie who HASN'T EVEN PLAYED YET is crying about it?

Meanwhile, each year it's becoming more and more illegal to be Roy Williams.

CowboyJunkie

Reaction score
Don't players have to wear certain numbers to make it easier for opposing teams to recognize which players are coming into the game. I may be wrong, but I thought they kept it that way so its easier for teams to see if there are different formations or different players based solely on what numbers are walking onto the field.

Of course, I could be completely incorrect.

maxsports

Reaction score
I'll scream bloody murder if Bush is allowed to wear #5. Edgerrin James has lobbied for #5 for YEARS and has repeatedly been shot down. Charles Woodson is lobbying for #2.

Why should the rules change just because a hotshot rookie who HASN'T EVEN PLAYED YET is crying about it?

Thank goodness the NFL denied his request to wear number 5.

Jersey

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:

Why would ANY Cowboys fan care??? He is dead to us. Maybe the players union should strike until they change the rules.
Want a blast of irony?... It's Pres. Bush's fault he can't wear 5.
There is already a world class loser wearing 5 in phila. Why would RB want to associate himself with a choker??????????

:bang2:

Eddie

Reaction score
Nav22 said:

I agree 100%.

Heck, what if two players wanted #69? Can one have 669 and the other 699?

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Jersey said:
Why would ANY Cowboys fan care??? He is dead to us. Maybe the players union should strike until they change the rules.
Want a blast of irony?... It's Pres. Bush's fault he can't wear 5.
There is already a world class loser wearing 5 in phila. Why would RB want to associate himself with a choker??????????

:bang2:
cuz its the middle of may and there isnt anything else to talk about. lay off the crack pipe.

Hater

Reaction score
They say the rule is changing in '07. It is conceivable that Bush could be listed as a WR & retain number 5, but there is a rule against players with single digit numbers lining up in the backfield. The Falcons were called for it a few years ago when they tried to put Vick in the backfield and Chandler (I think) lined up under center for QB. I think you are allowed to do that, but the RB has to report eligible, which Vick did not do, and he was then flagged after catching a short pass. If I remember right, the 1962 Rams briefly tried out a shotgun offense with 2 QB's in the backfield and an RB next to them... not sure what numbers those guys were though.

Hater

Reaction score
Nav22 said:

The rules should change because if the NFL figures out they can make more money selling #5 Reggie Bush jerseys, then that's what they'll do. You think fairness has anything to do with the decisions the NFL makes? It's a business; they do what's going to make them money, not what satisfies peoples idea of "fairness"

bewareofdware

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
yah just let them where what they want then they wouldn't have this kinda stuff

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
koolaid said:
i dont see why the nfl is so against it, its just a number
In the old days it was about player recognition. It's not really a problem anymore and there's really no need for the rules anymore. Or so they said on Sirius NFL radio today.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:

someone metioned this in an earlier thread about listing him as a WR...which apparently wouldn't work but thats erroneus (wanted to use that since seeing wedding crashers :laugh2: )

i dont see why anybody cares

the league shouldnt care
the saints shouldnt care
the reggie bush shouldnt care