Reggie Bush just announced.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2289825

Updated: Jan. 12, 2006, 1:40 PM ET
USC running back Bush to skip senior seasonAssociated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Reggie Bush is following his USC backfield buddy to the NFL.

The Heisman Trophy winner announced Thursday that he will enter the NFL draft rather than return to USC for his senior season.

LenDale White, Thunder to Bush's Lightning for three stellar seasons with the Trojans, declared himself eligible for the draft Wednesday. He set a USC record by scoring 57 career touchdowns, helping USC win two national titles and play for a third in the Rose Bowl last week.

White finished his career by rushing for 124 yards and three touchdowns in a 41-38 loss to Texas in the Bowl Championship Series title game.

"I wouldn't say that it was a slam dunk" to leave USC, said White at a news conference in his native Denver. "It definitely was hard giving up that dream because I won a lot of football games there."

Underclassmen have until Sunday to apply for the April 29-30 draft.

Bush has kept a low profile since USC lost to Texas on Jan. 4. He has been projected for months as the No. 1 overall pick.

Texas quarterback Vince Young inserted himself into the mix Sunday, declaring for the draft four days after his amazing performance in the Rose Bowl.

The Houston Texans, Young's hometown team, own the No. 1 pick.

After winning the Heisman in 2004, USC's Matt Leinart decided to return to school for his final year of eligibility although he almost surely would have been one of the top players in the draft.

Bush has rushed for 3,169 yards and White 3,159 as USC went 37-2 during the last three seasons.

"I'm happy for him and I know it'll work out for him," Bush said about White in a statement. "I'm behind him 100 percent. He's like my brother."

The two combined for 99 career touchdowns, breaking the NCAA record of 97 set by Army's Glenn Davis and Felix "Doc" Blanchard from 1943-46.

USC had won 34 straight games before losing to Texas.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Not that surprising.

Will be interesting to see how USC performs next year without Leinert, White and Bush.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
If he drops to 18 then we should take a chance on Bush.......;-)

LOL!!!!!!!

Never ever happen but if it did, we would be crazy not to take him.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I am one of those in the minority that thinks he may have a 2-3 good seasons, but his running style lends to a possible knee injury..

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
He reminds me of a Marshall Faulk type- if he has that type of career, whoever gets him will be quite happy.

neosapien23

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how Pete Carrol got upset when reporters were asking if Bush should come out. He then showed his hypocrisy when he stated that Vince Young should leave for the draft. I guess leaving early is in the player's intrest as long as it's not one of his players. I bet Matt Lienhart is kicking himself right now. He might fall out of the top three and become the 4th pick.

royhitshard

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I bet Matt Lienhart is kicking himself right now. He might fall out of the top three and become the 4th pick.
Exactly! Everybody says he helped himself by staying, but last year he would have been the #1 pick. Even being the second pick this year is worse, so I don't understand how he helped himself. To each his own I guess.

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I am one of those in the minority that thinks he may have a 2-3 good seasons, but his running style lends to a possible knee injury..

I fear w/ the hype surrounding Bush being on the scale of a bigfoot sighting outside the Mason's Lodge in Atoka Ok, he may end up being another Bo Jackson.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
I fear w/ the hype surrounding Bush being on the scale of a bigfoot sighting outside the Mason's Lodge in Atoka Ok, he may end up being another Bo Jackson.

You can't predict injuries. We really don't know how good Bo Jackson was because he was a part time player. He played very well when he was on the field until he suffered a fluke injury. How many guys his age need to have a hip replaced? That was weird. I wish he would have played full time.

I think Bush is going to be good and help any team he goes to in the draft. I am not ready to annoint him to the Hall of Fame.