Regressing to the Mean next draft

Macnalty

Reaction score
This draft was so good for us it makes me wonder who really did the picking in the draft this year. This draft is so far removed from the mean for the cowboys, inquiring minds have some question marks on their heads. If this was Wade, or RedJason, we should make a permanent structure for their tenure whether they are coaching or scouting. You get one more draft like this and people call it a dynasty. Oops was just daydreaming after a convincing thrashing over a 2 win team with more issues than the Rams.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Ireland went to Miami right before the draft. The result is that we didn't draft any projects like Stanback, just solid football players. Look at Miami's draft this past year. After rounds 1 or 2, you get into a bunch of noname projects that resemble some of our past drafts.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Dallas needs the next draft to produce talent equivalents of Felix, Bennett, Scandrick, and Jenkins on the offensive line, defensive line, LB and safety.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If this draft proves anything it proves that fans need to trust our scouting department.

A lot of people were soooo disapointed with our draft. Especially the Felix and Martellus pick.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
2much2soon;2449548 said:
Dallas needs the next draft to produce talent equivalents of Felix, Bennett, Scandrick, and Jenkins on the offensive line, defensive line, LB and safety.

That would be brilliant! Scandrick is the steal of the draft as a 5th rounder. This is a good football player that i want to hit the weight room a little more. He's only 21 and reminds me of Newman when he first came into the league.

Even Tashard Choice in the 4th is a nice nab that you didn't add. Bennett is really turning it on and I have no quams about him as a 2nd rounder, heck even a late first rounder the way he's coming on. Felix is downright lights out and other than Romo is our most explosive offensive weapon. People laugh when I say Romo but the guy is a TD machine on any given play. Right now, especially with Brady hurt, there isn't a QB I'd take over him.

There are things Romo does that Brady can't do just with his feet and improvisation. Brady 1 for now but not next year, Romo 2 and Manning is 3rd best, never thought I'd say that.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2449558 said:
If this draft proves anything it proves that fans need to trust our scouting department.

A lot of people were soooo disapointed with our draft. Especially the Felix and Martellus pick.

I personally loved the picks, I was confused about trading Fasano then picking another T.E. early, but taking a few days to mull it over, I really liked the pick of Bennett and loved the Felix pixk, I was touting him all off season and even said he'd be a better pro then McFadden.