'Regulate' rapper Nate Dogg dead at 41

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
'Regulate' rapper Nate Dogg dead at 41;
Rose to fame with Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Dr. Dre

BY Lukas I. Alpert

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:23 AM

Nate Dogg, whose smooth voice added a soft touch to some of the biggest rap hits to come out of the West Coast, has died. He was 41.
The cause of death was not immediately announced, but the lyricist, born Nathaniel Dwayne Hale, had suffered two serious strokes in recent years.
Hale made his first waves in hip-hop in 1991 as part of the rap trio 213 with Warren G and Snoop Dogg and later rose to fame as a guest vocalist on Dr. Dre's mega-hit, "The Chronic."
But he was best known for the hook he provided on the 1994 hit song "Regulate," with Warren G.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai..._snoop_dogg_warren_g_dr_dr.html#ixzz1GltoKavR

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
RIP... damn that was a cool song back in the day.

[youtube]1plPyJdXKIY[/youtube]

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
RIP Nate Dogg

I'm gonna listen to Regulate as soon as I get home, use to jam that a lot back in highschool.

mldardy

Reaction score
King of the hooks. Instant recognizable voice. I think anyone who loves hip hop like I do probably has at least one song on their mp3 player with Nate on it. RIP

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
You will be missed. God bless the dead.

R.I.P Nate Dogg
Long Beach-born rapper Nathaniel Hale -- Nate Dogg -- dies at 41

LONG BEACH — Nathaniel D. Hale, known in the music industry as Nate Dogg, died Tuesday, his family announced.

The rap star, born and reared in Long Beach, Calif. was 41.

Cause of death is not known. However, Hale had suffered two strokes, one in 2007 and another in 2008.

Details will be available later.

Long Beach-born rapper Nathaniel Hale -- Nate Dogg -- dies at 41 - Press-Telegram

Phoenix

Reaction score
RIP and condolences to his family, but honestly, I've never heard of him.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Danny White;3878467 said:
RIP... damn that was a cool song back in the day.

[youtube]1plPyJdXKIY[/youtube]

lol @ the word censoring on that video. :rolleyes:

Christiann

Reaction score
Still can't believe it, nobody could touch him when it came to hooks. LA has been gloomin on this all day.
RIP NATE

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Christiann;3879279 said:
Still can't believe it, nobody could touch him when it came to hooks. LA has been gloomin on this all day.
RIP NATE

its a sad day for hip hop. reminds me of just how many we have lost so young. too young.

[youtube]ZThJHitKtO4[/youtube]