Video: Relax, the Cowboys will be fine

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I said the samething but my voice is to small. Most of the CowboysZONE needs to collectively take one huge step back from the ledge...

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like a straw man argument to me. Nobody is saying the Cowboys season is over.

Just don't try to tell everybody to shrug their shoulders like it was just another loss either.

The truth of it lies in between.

Dallas didn't "just lose", they got beat by 25 points. That's significant.

They didn't just lose, their vaunted offensive line was pushed around and manhandled by guys who most people could pick out of a lineup.

Their running game was so thoroughly shut down that their coordinator abandoned it and their running back went in the tank.

And their defense was shredded - by Trevor Simien and CJ Anderson.

Anybody who doesn't think that this team has to regroup and that there's plenty to work on is kidding themselves.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Looks like a straw man argument to me. Nobody is saying the Cowboys season is over.

Just don't try to tell everybody to shrug their shoulders like it was just another loss either.

They didn't just lose, their vaunted offensive line was pushed around and manhandled by guys who most people could pick out of a lineup.

Their running game was so thoroughly shut down that their coordinator abandoned it and their running back went in the tank.

Anybody who doesn't think that this team has to regroup and that there's plenty to work on is kidding themselves.
Nobody, if they have half a membrane, thinks the Cowboys needn't regroup. Of course they need too!

But two games into a very young season doesn't make an entire season.

Staying in the hunt for the division and winning it is the goal at this point. No need to look further out than that.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We beat GB last yer 30-16 and it wasn't even that close.....and how did that turn out.

I'd rather get a loss like that out of the system in September than having it happen in December.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody, if they have half a membrane, thinks the Cowboys needn't regroup. Of course they need too!

But two games into a very young season doesn't make an entire season.

Staying in the hunt for the division and winning it is the goal at this point. No need to look further out than that.

I'm not looking "further out" at all. In fact, I'm continuing to look at everything that went wrong this week.

Nobody's saying any one game has "made an entire season".

But losing by 25 points - in a game that wasn't even that close - is a real wake-up call.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm not looking "further out" at all. In fact, I'm continuing to look at everything that went wrong this week.

But losing by 25 points - in a game that wasn't even that close - is a real wake-up call.
It's a wake-up call if the same thing happens this week. Right now it's one of those things. Best to move on.

Gameover

Reaction score
They got Dak Prescott

He gone take us back to the promise land!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a wake-up call if the same thing happens this week.

Losing by 25 points is a wake-up call already. And I'm sure that the people inside the building feel that same way. "If the same thing happens this week", there's every reason to outright panic. Because that will show that this isn't close to the team that any of us felt it would be.

Right now it's one of those things.

One of what "things" exactly?

Best to move on.

I can deal with what happened just fine. But I totally disagree with this thinking.

risco

Reaction score

Just adversity- just adversity- the question is how will they handle it. That's all it is.

plymkr

Reaction score
He's right about glossing over things when you like something and blasting things you don't. I couldn't agree more with what he said.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So the guy who bashed the Boys mostly all last year, now says we will be fine?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is no cure for bad coaching decisions...and bad game planning...in season.:rolleyes:

diefree666

Reaction score

No its not. When a game goes like that- total domination- its either a question of ability or attitude. Now no one is dumb enough to think we are THAT bad or even close.

That game was just one of those where one team was really on it and one team was really out of it. That happens now and then. Best counterpoint to those like you wanting to panic is what happened to the Patriots in game one. They came in fat and happy as BB put it and got their lunch eaten. We came in the same way and went out the same way.