Releasing Carter for Vinny

Reaction score
QC, Ricky Williams, Michael Irving, Leon Lett, and all the others are merely millionaires with addictions.

Facts that these athletes ignored:

Drugs are Illegal
Allegiance to the team
Allegiance to themselves
Drug abuse will lower their standard of performance
Consequences of getting caught

Then why would they risk the loss of a fortune for drugs? Because they are addicted and their judgement has Been impaired. DOn't Be so quick to paint these guys as desperados until it's determined that they can been treated and recover. Think about it ...even people in High positions Of our government "experimented ( :rolleyes: )" with drugs and are now back to representing our government.

Just curious, can anyone identify any Eagle players that have been tested and identified as using illegal substances? I couldn't think of any, But I knowe that if they exist, you guys would know.

Bottom Line: These players that use drugs can be rehabilitated and resume their level of high performance. Badgering surely cannot be healthy in their path to recovery.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Is going down in flames.

Listen to what Brown Sugar said on topic.......

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like this week QC is going to be starting in place of the INJURED Chad Pennington for the Jets

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how he carries Jets, thats a playoff team. Youth on defense. A fun bunch to root for.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
I can't wait to see how he carries Jets, thats a playoff team. Youth on defense. A fun bunch to root for.
Carries, Nors?

I want to see Quincy, and of course the Jets, do as well as anyone wants them to.

But nobody is asking, or expecting Q to carry anyone.

Chad wasn't carrying the O - Curtis was.

That will have to continue for the playoffs to be a reality.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Carries, Nors?

I want to see Quincy, and of course the Jets, do as well as anyone wants them to.

But nobody is asking, or expecting Q to carry anyone.

Chad wasn't carrying the O - Curtis was.

That will have to continue for the playoffs to be a reality.

Yes Chad never really carried anything. Its Quincy's shot. I like the Jets in AFC East. Steelers and Chargers 3-4 are pushing the ticket but Jets/Pats may be Championship matchup.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:
Yes Chad never really carried anything. Its Quincy's shot. I like the Jets in AFC East. Steelers and Chargers 3-4 are pushing the ticket but Jets/Pats may be Championship matchup.
Wait, did you just say Chad isn't the answer?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
I didn't say Chad "never really carried anything", but that the O is set up for play action, and Martin carries it.

Nors, this injury to Chad this year may turn out as fatal as the one in preseason 03.

Quincy Carter is a HUGE downgrade to Chad Pennington. Just like Vinny was.

Of course, I will be rooting for Q to knock some socks off.

But unlike you, I am not expecting it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I didn't say Chad "never really carried anything", but that the O is set up for play action, and Martin carries it.

Nors, this injury to Chad this year may turn out as fatal as the one in preseason 03.

Quincy Carter is a HUGE downgrade to Chad Pennington. Just like Vinny was.

Of course, I will be rooting for Q to knock some socks off.

But unlike you, I am not expecting it.

Carter is obviously the backup to Chad. That said He might be better able to lead the Jets as construed, today. It's on him now. Looks like he will be playing meaningfull games.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Pennington not the Jets answer?

Wow. I have now heard it all.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Pennington not the Jets answer?

Wow. I have now heard it all.

But Chad better start staying on the field, eh?
What value is a guy who can't stay healthy?

Chad has to show more before he gets into the elite crowd - JMO
THEN I'M NOT A DINK AND DUNK FAN, his weak arm always a concern

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Health has always been the key to who's standing in the huddle during the playoffs.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Health has always been the key to who's standing in the huddle during the playoffs.

Neil Lomax -

The next great - when he was healthy great stats

Chad has started 29 games in 5 NFL seasons.

phillyfan

Benched
Reaction score
(Fill in the blank here with any dallas qb) ________________ is doomed. What the hell do you think is going to happen to him when we play the Eagles?

It's over

It's over

It's over

EAGLES - 31

cowboys - 10