Relive the Cowboys Last Home Win against the Packers

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Since the win was at the old Texas Stadium, I think it had something to do with the crown. Maybe we can bring it back for one game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
TO was so good. I hate those hammys got Miles Austin. I hadn't seen a guy like him around the league. He was like half receiver half running back. He had the legs of a running back.

Took me awhile to get use to that red line I was like damn Garrett is going for 4th a lot lol.

Brett had that look in his eyes like "Damn this guy is about to take my job....".

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Despite the way it ended, that was one of my favorite seasons. It was fun. TO was a beast in Dallas. It's crazy it's been that long since we have beat them at home.

Also, and while I do realize that was 16 years ago, look how young Big Mac looks on the sidelines.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The fact that we’re 1-9 vs them in our last 10 games is pathetic. That alone should motivate the team to dominate.

CWR

Reaction score
TO was so good. I hate those hammys got Miles Austin. I hadn't seen a guy like him around the league. He was like half receiver half running back. He had the legs of a running back.

Took me awhile to get use to that red line I was like damn Garrett is going for 4th a lot lol.

Brett had that look in his eyes like "Damn this guy is about to take my job....".
Miles could have been better and done more. Maybe it's unfounded but I remember the staff being upset with him because he didn't want to do myofascial release. It's painful but would've helped. He was really frustrating.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Miles could have been better and done more. Maybe it's unfounded but I remember the staff being upset with him because he didn't want to do myofascial release. It's painful but would've helped. He was really frustrating.
Never heard that. Seemed like a guy that tried hard and would've done whatever it took.

CWR

Reaction score
Never heard that. Seemed like a guy that tried hard and would've done whatever it took.
Man I remember it but never looked into it. I used to get so irritated with those guys cramping up (while I sat on my couch.) It seems kinda crazy to not take that step, maybe it was nonsense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is something about the Cowboys in the Wildcard game. Last year we beat Tom Brady for the first time. So now the thing is our record against the Packers? Let's bust that curse too.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
It's a reverse of the 90s when the Cowboys were 9-1 the other direction.
We did win 3 super bowls during that stretch and we beat them in the playoffs in each of those seasons. We dominated them in the 90s while they were an elite team

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was the beginning of the end of the 07 team after that game. That was our Super Bowl. Both teams were 10-1 and the Cowboys decided to pack it in after the big win. The following week we barely escaped with a win in the final seconds against a bad Detroit team. The next week we lost at home to Philly in the Jessica Simpson game. We followed that up with an unimpressive win against Carolina and Matt Moore and then we looked horrible against Washington in the season finale which led to a one and done.

perrykemp

Reaction score
It was the beginning of the end of the 07 team after that game. That was our Super Bowl. Both teams were 10-1 and the Cowboys decided to pack it in after the big win. The following week we barely escaped with a win in the final seconds against a bad Detroit team. The next week we lost at home to Philly in the Jessica Simpson game. We followed that up with an unimpressive win against Carolina and Matt Moore and then we looked horrible against Washington in the season finale which led to a one and done.
I believe that was also the game that launched Aaron Rodger's career. Cowboys knocked Favre out and Rodgers came in rallied them, just coming up short.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I believe that was also the game that launched Aaron Rodger's career. Cowboys knocked Favre out and Rodgers came in rallied them, just coming up short.
Nailed it, Dallas was beating Favre up in that game and got him out fairly early and Rodgers came in and nearly won the game for GB

JBS

Reaction score
That team was loaded. Doesn’t matter what anyone says, we never would have beaten than Patriots team had we made it there. Still a disappointing playoff loss, no doubt

I do not miss those stone hands from TO. Hell of a player but those stone hands showed up way too often for my liking.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep, it appeared we might blow the Packers out after Favre was injured and Rodgers almost pulled the rug right out from under us.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Nailed it, Dallas was beating Favre up in that game and got him out fairly early and Rodgers came in and nearly won the game for GB
He played good but he really didn't get that close. Everytime the Packers got it to a 1 score game, Romo would get us a score. Hell, the game would of been closer to a blow out if Terrell Owens doesn't catch a TD in the end zone and fling it in the air for an interception. Like I said, Rodgers played good but the Cowboys controlled the entire game.