Remaining schedules for the NFC East and playoff contenders

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
I just went through the remaining schedules for NFC East teams and the playoff contenders. PLEASE SPARE ME THE WHY BOTHER/DOOM AND GLOOM RESPONSES: this is done under the assumption that we take care of our own business, which of course might not happen.

I left out Chicago because they are on their way to a first round bye and, well, we aren't. I've listed below the teams, their current records, and the records and corresponding winning percentage of their remaining opponents. I left off the remaining proportion of home v. away games as there is no big variance here. Exec summary: We've got the easiest remaining schedule inside of NFC East teams and one of the toughest compared to other playoff hopefuls. No big surprises. Maybe I'm a hopeless optimist but we really are right in the middle of this thing, with only one team -- Chicago -- head and shoulders ahead of us. If we beat Carolina, we're no more than a game behind anybody.

I've highlighted some of the more interesting numbers.
  • Dallas: (3-3); 35-36, .493
  • NYG: (5-2); 33-30, .529
  • Phila: (4-4); 29-25, .537
  • Wash'n: (2-5); 36-27, .571:laugh2:
  • New O: (5-2); 29-33, .468
  • Car: (4-3); 32-30, .516
  • Atl: (5-2); 28-35, .444
  • Minn: (4-2); 31-38, .449
  • Sea: (4-3); 24-36, .400
  • StL: (4-2); 34-35, .492

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Three HUGE games for us...IMO we need to win 2 of these.

@ New York
@ Washington
vs. Philadelphia

If we go 2-1 through here, we'd be 3-3 in the division (not great, but we put ourselves in this hole.) I think that if we want to have a really good chance at the division, we should win against New York @ the Meadowlands.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1125294 said:
All the Cowboys need to do is take one game at a time....
And it starts in less than 2 hours. Take care of business tonight and the Cowboys are right there.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Thats why they play the games. It was a pretty good day for us today besides the Giants win.