Remember Dak saying My best football is coming

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's no secret I'm a supporter and have been patient but I think his confidence is gone. It's been on the edge since the season started after becoming the highest-paid QB, and knowing media/fans expectations and criticism increase x 1000.
*** "My best football is coming" is a player trying to convince himself how good he THINKs he is
*** "Jump off the bandwagon if you want"
*** I see a QB running plays with no rhythm, cohesiveness, or confidence in teammates or coaches.
*** Maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling a pulse from Dak. You look around the league at other QBs, you can feel/see them laying everything in the line to make a play. Not saying he's quitting but close to being forced to do something you don't believe in.
*** Just me, but I think the pressure of his contract and knowing he doesn't have all the tools is getting to him. BUT, that's on him....... he should never signed
knowing he didn't have enough weapons. Many have said Jerry should have waited until after the season and that is true but Dak should have waited also.
He either knew or should have known the odds of winning this season were min and that he and the contract would get the bulk of criticism for a losing season.
*** I am afraid his troubles are just starting. He could lose his locker room/teammates.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's no secret I'm a supporter and have been patient but I think his confidence is gone. It's been on the edge since the season started after becoming the highest-paid QB, and knowing media/fans expectations and criticism increase x 1000.
*** "My best football is coming" is a player trying to convince himself how good he THINKs he is
*** "Jump off the bandwagon if you want"
*** I see a QB running plays with no rhythm, cohesiveness, or confidence in teammates or coaches.
*** Maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling a pulse from Dak. You look around the league at other QBs, you can feel/see them laying everything in the line to make a play. Not saying he's quitting but close to being forced to do something you don't believe in.
*** Just me, but I think the pressure of his contract and knowing he doesn't have all the tools is getting to him. BUT, that's on him....... he should never signed
knowing he didn't have enough weapons. Many have said Jerry should have waited until after the season and that is true but Dak should have waited also.
He either knew or should have known the odds of winning this season were min and that he and the contract would get the bulk of criticism for a losing season.
*** I am afraid his troubles are just starting. He could lose his locker room/teammates.

I remember you badly wanting him to resigned for years and years and years to come.

You and the other Dak over Dallas fans are simply getting what you asked for.

Swagger

Reaction score
It's interesting as I agree when he loses the dressing room (already well on his way based on the aftermath of the Packers play off game) how does the front office react?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's interesting as I agree when he loses the dressing room (already well on his way based on the aftermath of the Packers play off game) how does the front office react?
Good question....as a general rule, it is hard for a QB to recover. More times than not they move on.....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak had two good seasons and has been steadily declining ever since. It is no longer accurate to describe him as average or a bus driver, he's no longer that good.
So you don't think last season was a good season? He was voted 2nd ALL-PRO by his peers and coaches........but that guy playing now is night and day different.

Swagger

Reaction score
So you don't think last season was a good season? He was voted 2nd ALL-PRO by his peers and coaches........but that guy playing now is night and day different.
If you put any number of NFL starting quarterbacks in that position last season I would argue the results would have been similar.

Cowboys defense largely played lights out during the regular season including a high number of takeaways and excellent starting field positions for the offense.

He had/has arguably the best kicker in the league. E.g., people rinse Rodgers for his play this season yet missed kicks have effectively lost the team 3 games.

Cowboys played teams on average with the worst pass defense than any other team in the league and it was a soft schedule. They got blown out by good teams like the 49ers and Bills so it wasn't an impressive season by Prescott when it's actually broken down. He wasn't the difference maker as is being shown this season.

He goes as far as the team carries him.

The devil is in the detail. E.g., people are surprised that quarterbacks like Darnold, Mayfield and Cousins are playing well...why? They are actually playing on good teams...meaning they look like very good quarterbacks...weird.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you put any number of NFL starting quarterbacks in that position last season I would argue the results would have been similar.

Cowboys defense largely played lights out during the regular season including a high number of takeaways and excellent starting field positions for the offense.

He had/has arguably the best kicker in the league. E.g., people rinse Rodgers for his play this season yet missed kicks have effectively lost the team 3 games.

Cowboys played teams on average with the worst pass defense than any other team in the league and it was a soft schedule. They got blown out by good teams like the 49ers and Bills so it wasn't an impressive season by Prescott when it's actually broken down. He wasn't the difference maker as is being shown this season.

The devil is in the detail. E.g., people are surprised that quarterbacks like Darnold, Mayfield and Cousins are playing well...why? They are actually playing on good teams...meaning they look like very good quarterbacks...weird.
Good post

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Nope, pretty sure it was during last season that I truly realised how limited he was and I accepted we won't ever progress against the best teams in play off games with him.

Tbf, I am well aware he is not our only problem, far from it but he is the main reason we have no hope for the next 4 years at least. Blame Jerry for that though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Dak also faced the worst pass defense schedule of any QB last year.

That helps to deceive people that don’t pay attention.

Steve007

Reaction score
He is playing like he don't care anymore, almost challenging them to bench him, which he knows will never happen.

I remember how careful he was with the ball in year 1 when Romo was there and the chance he could get his starting job back was in the back of Dak's mind at least.
Dak knows there is no way he is getting benched especially after the massive contract. There is no pressure on the so called star players. The Cowboys are a country club.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d really love to know exactly what he was looking at on the first play of the last drive last night.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
No he is not. He has the same flaws he had for the last five years. Stevie Wonder fans such as yourself either don't pay attention to the games or refuse to acknowledge what your eyes tell you.