Remember Dak saying My best football is coming

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I’d really love to know exactly what he was looking at on the first play of the last drive last night.
I would really like to know what you have been looking at since you were forecasting a win. Another Ray Charles fan.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak also faced the worst pass defense schedule of any QB last year.

That helps to deceive people that don’t pay attention.
We've been yelling this into the wind for about a year now, especially during the contract negotiations. It was the primary factor for it making the most sense to let him play out this season, which was going to feature a much tougher defensive schedule, and see how he performed.

Quick question for everyone that dismissed this and wanted him signed prior to the season....do you think his price would have gone up or down based on what you are seeing out of him?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you put any number of NFL starting quarterbacks in that position last season I would argue the results would have been similar.

Cowboys defense largely played lights out during the regular season including a high number of takeaways and excellent starting field positions for the offense.

He had/has arguably the best kicker in the league. E.g., people rinse Rodgers for his play this season yet missed kicks have effectively lost the team 3 games.

Cowboys played teams on average with the worst pass defense than any other team in the league and it was a soft schedule. They got blown out by good teams like the 49ers and Bills so it wasn't an impressive season by Prescott when it's actually broken down. He wasn't the difference maker as is being shown this season.

He goes as far as the team carries him.

The devil is in the detail. E.g., people are surprised that quarterbacks like Darnold, Mayfield and Cousins are playing well...why? They are actually playing on good teams...meaning they look like very good quarterbacks...weird.
Bingo

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would really like to know what you have been looking at since you were forecasting a win. Another Ray Charles fan.
If that’s what you think you’re not paying much attention to my posts.

Yep I thought they would win. Why? Because that’s exactly the type of game they end up stealing…meaningless in the big picture and in no way vindicating the last few losses to them. Perpetual mediocrity is the destiny.

I’ll probably feel the same this week, and it has nothing to do with being blind. If you’re going to insult people, maybe at least try to find some class and not poke fun at someone who didn’t have the gift of sight. Maybe one day you won’t.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
If that’s what you think you’re not paying much attention to my posts.

Yep I thought they would win. Why? Because that’s exactly the type of game they end up stealing…meaningless in the big picture and in no way vindicating the last few losses to them. Perpetual mediocrity is the destiny.

I’ll probably feel the same this week, and it has nothing to do with being blind. If you’re going to insult people, maybe at least try to find some class and not poke fun at someone who didn’t have the gift of sight. Maybe one day you won’t.
That is a fallacy. Outside of Detroit/Philadelphia, when is the last time Dallas stole a game against a top five team? Go ahead I'll wait.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's no secret I'm a supporter and have been patient but I think his confidence is gone. It's been on the edge since the season started after becoming the highest-paid QB, and knowing media/fans expectations and criticism increase x 1000.
*** "My best football is coming" is a player trying to convince himself how good he THINKs he is
*** "Jump off the bandwagon if you want"
*** I see a QB running plays with no rhythm, cohesiveness, or confidence in teammates or coaches.
*** Maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling a pulse from Dak. You look around the league at other QBs, you can feel/see them laying everything in the line to make a play. Not saying he's quitting but close to being forced to do something you don't believe in.
*** Just me, but I think the pressure of his contract and knowing he doesn't have all the tools is getting to him. BUT, that's on him....... he should never signed
knowing he didn't have enough weapons. Many have said Jerry should have waited until after the season and that is true but Dak should have waited also.
He either knew or should have known the odds of winning this season were min and that he and the contract would get the bulk of criticism for a losing season.
*** I am afraid his troubles are just starting. He could lose his locker room/teammates.

He did not say it was in Dallas.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
9868ux.jpg

fivetwos

Reaction score
That is a fallacy. Outside of Detroit/Philadelphia, when is the last time Dallas stole a game against a top five team? Go ahead I'll wait.
Top five team? Not at this point. Not with the injuries they have.

Point is I fully envisioned Jerry holding court after the game with the smug smirk saying all the ‘I told you so’ crap. Meanwhile the win wouldn’t have much mattered as they are going nowhere. That’s why I thought they would win. SF at full strength wipes the floor with them.

I’m not one of the Jerry defenders around here. Far from it, but I didn’t appreciate the blind comment. Tasteless to say the least.

If you’ve never predicted the outcome of an NFL game wrongly, good for you….and if you want to converse….please lose the attitude. I don’t need it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We've been yelling this into the wind for about a year now, especially during the contract negotiations. It was the primary factor for it making the most sense to let him play out this season, which was going to feature a much tougher defensive schedule, and see how he performed.

Quick question for everyone that dismissed this and wanted him signed prior to the season....do you think his price would have gone up or down based on what you are seeing out of him?
Jerry will never admit it, but you know he’s wishing he would’ve just waited a little longer.

morat1959

Reaction score
So you don't think last season was a good season? He was voted 2nd ALL-PRO by his peers and coaches........but that guy playing now is night and day different.
He’s the same guy who has never been able to overcome adversity going back to his HS days. He has always folded like a tent when the chips are down. A few here tried to tell you this but your love for him blinded you.