Remember Dalton Schultz? He is part of the 5-headed monster in Texas

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How I miss those days of pig iron glory and a crushing O and D.
But, as Homer once said "Nothing lasts forever."
OK, Jerald, hand over the mantle of Texas Team. The Texans are on the way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...e-headed-monster-texans-offensive-skill-group
I’ll take Ferguson any day over Shultz. No offense to Shultz but just like #87’s toughness, meanness and bring it attitude. They’ve drafted some similar types on the offensive line in Tyler, Beebe and Guyton. Things are trending up.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll take Ferguson any day over Shultz. No offense to Shultz but just like #87’s toughness, meanness and bring it attitude. They’ve drafted some similar types on the offensive line in Tyler, Beebe and Guyton. Things are trending up.
Schultz is really closer to being a wide receiver than a traditional tight-end but he only had the speed and quickness of a tight-end.

He was a good player for the Cowboys but his stats were not much different than a #3 receiver and his blocking skills were sub-average, so it was smart to move on from him.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Have no ill will towards Schultz. He was a good TE here.

Dallas seems to found another good TE with a higher upside in Ferguson so it was good for both parties to move on.
Indeed. Schultz was fine. But I still like Fergie better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will see if Stroud has a sophomore slump. Is Dell coming off an injury?
Schultz is good but he is not great. Maybe year 2 with Stroud he will be better. However, Ferguson can make even a bigger jump this season as well.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah and the talent didn’t warrant it. Cowboys have shown they will let these type of guys go. The Anthony Hitchens and the Dorance Armstrong of the world.
Which is smart. You cannot pay good players great money and expect to win.

Can't forget, Cowboys offered Dalton 12 mil/season and he refused.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is smart. You cannot pay good players great money and expect to win.

Can't forget, Cowboys offered Dalton 12 mil/season and he refused.
Yeah and I don’t even know why tech offered that unless they knew he wasn’t gonna accept. But yeah they’ve shown they can find these guys in the draft….just keep finding them. I think Ferg has shown a higher ceiling than that of Schultz.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah and I don’t even know why tech offered that unless they knew he wasn’t gonna accept. But yeah they’ve shown they can find these guys in the draft….just keep finding them. I think Ferg has shown a higher ceiling than that of Schultz.
Meh. Same guy.

No, it's actually not easy to find this type of TE. Many teams struggle for years doing just that. We got lucky we had Fergie waiting in the wings.

Of course, then we just had to get stupid again and waste a high draft pick on another TE w/ a higher ceiling but a much lower floor.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Houston Texans happen to be in between disasters at the moment. That will pass.
It all depends on if Stroud suffers a sophomore jinx as teams now have more game film on him, however, they have been extremely active in free agency and Ryan's defensive sucess speaks for itself.

They look a helluva more " All in" than we do.....that's indisputable

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Meh. Same guy.

No, it's actually not easy to find this type of TE. Many teams struggle for years doing just that. We got lucky we had Fergie waiting in the wings.

Of course, then we just had to get stupid again and waste a high draft pick on another TE w/ a higher ceiling but a much lower floor.
Cowboys when they don’t look in the 2nd round typically find quality tight ends I don’t even know why they reach there. James Hanna, Dalton, Ferg, Hendershot, Witten, Jarwin…..I don’t recall us ever struggling to find a tight end. Even when we failed in the 2nd round we had guys already in place.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It all depends on if Stroud suffers a sophomore jinx as teams now have more game film on him, however, they have been extremely active in free agency and Ryan's defensive sucess speaks for itself.

They look a helluva more " All in" than we do.....that's indisputable
Everyone all in when you got a rookie starter on a rookie deal. Clock starts ticking.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
What is Dalton doing that Ferguson isnt
Turn that around and ask what is Ferguson doing that Dalton isn't. First, the blocking isn't even in question as to who does a better job. Second, the yards gained after the catch isn't even close. That's two biggies right there.