Remember Terence Steele?

quickccc

Reaction score
A few short months ago posters on this forum were calling for a replacement at RT. Steele struggled at times. But with the departure of Tyler Biadasz and Tyron Smith the questions becomes "What now?" Do the Cowboys need three new OL players or just two? Has Steele became a strength rather than a weakness?
Have to let Steele play out and continue his return to form on the playing field, imo.
We've just committed a big, re-signed contract to him (post ACL) and he is still trying to adjust per recovery.

Players vary in recovery. Some come back quickly than others, And we never know if it is more mental state than
it is physical one.

I'd have me insurance backup should Steele continue struggle - but we've been failing it with backup busts,
ala Chumba, Ball and Waletsko)

And for now its's only highly assumed that club will address OT very early in NFL draft, per 1st or 2nd round
(RB, center per 2nd/3rd rd, imo) or Plan B for Tyler Smith to move to LT, Bass at LG..?
But we still need to find dependable quality depth at OT.

Should Steele not return to form in '24, it's time to explore that RT role in '25, imo.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Pre-injury he was one of the best run blocking RTs.
And a mediocre pass blocker. Which overall puts him at about average.

Steele is ok. I don’t have a beef with him, you can’t have all pros and first round picks at every spot along the line.

He is a very hard worker. Which I give him a lot of credit for.

StarLord

Reaction score
I honestly believe he will play better than last year.. barring another injury.