Remember When

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Remember when these statements were everywhere?

Dallas has the worst receiving corp in the league, no one could win with these guys.

CD is a bonafide #1.

With Dak injured, the season is over.

Cooper Rush is a bum, doesn't even belong on the practice squad.

Front office did nothing to prepare for Dak going down.

Front office did nothing to prepare for Tyron going down.

You can't possibly slide Tyler outside when he hasn't practiced there all summer.

I think Steele is the one we should be worried about.

Noah Brown is a bum. Never done anything in this league.

Dorance Armstrong is a bum. If he makes the team it means we are really bad.

Teams are going to run all over this defense.

Ahh, how things change. Good thing fans don't get everything they want.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm as happy as any Cowboys fan today, but the team is 2-1. There are still 14 more to play. The "rush" to I-told-you-so threads seems a tad premature.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is true, people give up way to quick when they see adversity. This season was over and done. Never knew we had so many Frenchmen pulling for the Cowboys lol

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
These statements aren't really tied to team wins\losses and they have already been disproven. The real point of the thread is that most fans make comments on things they don't know anything about.

I agree somewhat….but many of those statements may still be true despite the fact that they were made prematurely. Players can look great versus bad teams and bad versus good teams. We’ve seen that for about 20 years.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I agree somewhat….but many of those statements may still be true despite the fact that they were made prematurely. Players can look great versus bad teams and bad versus good teams. We’ve seen that for about 20 years.
Exactly.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Agreed but in this case they are true regardless of what else happens. Tyler did slide over and handle his business. Cooper, Brown, Armstrong have proven they are contributors (Brown & Armstrong last year as well). By virtue, the FO has been vindicated in that they did have some viable alternatives ready.

Just struck me as if a lot of hysteria went away like a fart in the wind.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why did this get moved? It's as valid a discussion about the team as anything else in the fan zone.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

And just for example, in a sense teams ARE "running all over the Cowboys, currently they are 23rd in rushing defense, with 408 yards given up.

Just sayin'