Twitter: Reminisce!

Motorola

Reaction score
Good ole days, I miss them...
I hate to say it the good old days was the 60s and 70s
The Cowboys weren't the team of the 60's or 70's but they were the team of the 90's.

They had more sustained success with Landry. They reached their highest heights with Jimmy.
The Cowboys were one of the storied teams in the mid 60's thru the 70's that help put Professional Football - both the NFL & AFL - on equal footing with Major League Baseball and College Football - especially in the Southern \ Southwestern areas of the United States. The Cowboys' 6-year long, "sports heartbreaking" climb - starting from the back-to-back NFL Championship losses to the Packers, followed by consecutive upset payoff losses to the Browns, then the first Super Bowl appearance loss to the Colts....that half decade stretch was so tortuous to Cowboys fans. But the 1971 season road to the title (btw 2021 season is the 50th year anniversary of the ultimate first triumph) established the franchise as one of the league's premier and popular teams. The fall in the late 80's - then the comeback to greatness in the 90s - cemented the Cowboys as an iconic franchise in the now Century-old NFL. I lived and watched both periods of gridiron glory. Both hold equal stature in my fandom for this team.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Cowboys were one of the storied teams in the mid 60's thru the 70's that help put Professional Football - both the NFL & AFL - on equal footing with Major League Baseball and College Football - especially in the Southern \ Southwestern areas of the United States. The Cowboys' 6-year long, "sports heartbreaking" climb - starting from the back-to-back NFL Championship losses to the Packers, followed by consecutive upset payoff losses to the Browns, then the first Super Bowl appearance loss to the Colts....that half decade stretch was so tortuous to Cowboys fans. But the 1971 season road to the title (btw 2021 season is the 50th year anniversary of the ultimate first triumph) established the franchise as one of the league's premier and popular teams. The fall in the late 80's - then the comeback to greatness in the 90s - cemented the Cowboys as an iconic franchise in the now Century-old NFL. I lived and watched both periods of gridiron glory. Both hold equal stature in my fandom for this team.
Excellent analysis sir!
Tip of the hat to you!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You really brought back memories my cowboy brother