Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney tie the knot

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
This should quiet the "Kenny Chesney is gay" rumors...

Zellweger, Chesney Tie the Knot

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

LOS ANGELES — Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger and country music star Kenny Chesney were married Monday in a small ceremony on the island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a publicist for Zellweger said.

The ceremony took place in front of close friends and family, Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder said in a statement. The bride wore a Carolina Herrera dress, she added.

It was the first marriage for both.

The couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated TV show "The Insider" reported.

Chesney, 37, lives on St. John, while Zellweger, who turned 36 two weeks ago, is from Katy, Texas.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar in 2004 for "Cold Mountain." She was nominated for Oscars for her work in "Chicago" and "Bridget Jones's Diary."

Chesney currently has two albums on Billboard's top 10 country albums chart, and his single "Anything But Mine" is No. 6 on the magazine's hot country songs list.

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, and his "When The Sun Goes Down" was named album of the year. His other hits include "Me and You" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

According to Country Weekly magazine, Chesney long ago named Zellweger as his favorite actress and was inspired to write his 1999 hit "You Had Me From Hello" after seeing her in "Jerry Maguire."

Zellweger appeared at a recent Chesney concert in Jacksonsville, Fla., presenting him with a margarita and a kiss on stage, Country Weekly magazine reported.

Zellweger has dated White Stripes singer Jack White and "Me, Myself & Irene" co-star Jim Carrey.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Princess said:

Actually... she is the perfect beard... actress... gone all the time on film shoots...

I am now CONVINCED he is gay... :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Actually... she is the perfect beard... actress... gone all the time on film shoots...

I am now CONVINCED he is gay... :D

I thought this chesney guy was dating that JR guy that is in nascar? :eek: :p:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I thought this chesney guy was dating that JR guy that is in nascar? :eek: :p:

:banghead: :mad: :angry: :chainsaw: :yousuck: :grrr: :thumbdo: :loser: :fight: :angryno: :bang2: :spanking: :chop: :angry2: :shoot2: :enough:

:D

trickblue

Reaction score
Princess said:
:banghead: :mad: :angry: :chainsaw: :yousuck: :grrr: :thumbdo: :loser: :fight: :angryno: :bang2: :spanking: :chop: :angry2: :shoot2: :enough:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/bash_a_nascar_jr.gif

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Princess said:

Yeah....the way it quiets the rumors when Jeff Garcia dates a playmate. :rolleyes:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
trickblue said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/bash_a_nascar_jr.gif

That is just totally wrong!!! You of all people knows that hurting Jr. is hurting me... what was that you said to me in my apartment that day about my being too much of a fanatic about Jr....:(

You are soooooo mean to me

:p:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Who is Kenny Chesney? :huh:

You are kidding, right?
kennychesney42-280x336.jpg
kennychesney73-280x336.jpg
CMT.com said:
Country music's most eligible bachelor, superstar Kenny Chesney, wed Academy Award-winning actress Renee Zellweger during a ceremony Monday afternoon (May 9) on the island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where the singer owns a house. The brief ceremony was attended only by close friends and family.

It's the first marriage for both Chesney and Zellweger.

The 37-year-old Chesney was barefoot during the 15-minute ceremony. His bride was dressed in a gown by her favorite designer, Carolina Herrara.

The couple met in Los Angeles on Jan. 15 when both appeared at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit and, according to sources close to Chesney, "hit it off" right away. Since that time, they have remained in contact via cell phone and visited each other when their careers allowed time for what has been described as a whirlwind courtship.

On April 29, Zellweger attended Chesney's concert in Jacksonville, Fla., and delivered his customary margarita onstage to the delight of the audience at the show's close. Just last week, Chesney and Zellweger, a 36-year-old native of Katy, Texas, were spotted in a darkened corner at a P.F. Chang's restaurant located just south of Nashville.

Nominated for Oscars for her roles in Chicago and Bridget Jones's Diary, Zellweger won an Academy Award for best supporting actress for her work in the film, Cold Mountain. She previously dated actor Jim Carrey (her co-star in Me, Myself & Irene) and rock musician Jack White of the White Stripes (who produced Loretta Lynn's critically-acclaimed Van Lear Rose album).

Chesney has acknowledged that he was inspired to write his 1999 hit "You Had Me From Hello" after seeing Jerry Maguire, the film starring Tom Cruise and Zellweger.

There won't be much honeymooning. Chesney has a concert scheduled for Thursday night (May 12) in Little Rock, Ark., and Zellwenger will be busy promoting her new film, Cinderella Man, set for a June 3 release.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The 37-year-old Chesney was barefoot during the 15-minute ceremony. His bride was dressed in a gown by her favorite designer, Carolina Herrara.
No hetro man would be barefoot at his wedding

trickblue

Reaction score
kennychesney_wacma_420.jpg

Kenny is the one on the left I think...

kenny%20chesney6.jpg

hmmm... save a horse ride a Coboy...

flameworthyawards-2002-pre-party-007-245x200.jpg

Kenny sports shell bling...

realgoodtan.jpg
.... is a hot Cowboy...

jessie_kenny_b.jpg

Kenny standing next to some guy in a baseball cap...

ken.jpg

A matter of pride...

k19

Reaction score
Princess said:
He doesn't wear a toupee... he wears a cowboy hat or skullcap

I hear they wear those to hide the circumcision scars