Replacing Aikman and Buck

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Question for the Cowboy's faithful. I for one am tired of Aikman and Buck's commentary when it comes to Cowboy's games. My father-in-law runs Sirius Radio out of his pickup. My wife and I have Direct TV. Out of the two, is there anyway I can mute the nationally televised game, and just have Brad Sham and whoever on Sirius?

Let me know please. Thanks!

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I cant stand Aikman and Buck, i know the smart posters here love those guys, but i cant stand them. I think Aikman is a ******* and a trader and Buck is gay undercover. I do enjoy the B team, Johnson, he is Cowboy to the the bone. I suggest using the mute button. Also, i think FOX should spend more time updating the lame graphics instead of spending money on the damn robot.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I have been saying it for years...they are just awful....I always turn the sound down even if I have no other audio stream available for the game.

hutru01

Reaction score
If you are in Texas, wouldn't it be broadcasted on the radio? if so couldn't u just listen to that?

Reaction score
hutru01;2445454 said:
If you are in Texas, wouldn't it be broadcasted on the radio? if so couldn't u just listen to that?

I need to get XM radio so I can listen to the game with Brad Sham, while watching it on TV...

adamc91115

Reaction score
Has anyone tested to see how much delay there is between Sirius and the TV feed?

Thats the only thing that could screw it up... Hearing one thing and seeing another.

calico

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2445450 said:
I cant stand Aikman and Buck, i know the smart posters here love those guys, but i cant stand them. I think Aikman is a ******* and a trader and Buck is gay undercover. I do enjoy the B team, Johnson, he is Cowboy to the the bone. I suggest using the mute button. Also, i think FOX should spend more time updating the lame graphics instead of spending money on the damn robot.

Aikman is a trader? What does he trade? Beaver pelts? This is an odd turn...

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
calico;2445479 said:
Aikman is a trader? What does he trade? Beaver pelts? This is an odd turn...

You are a smart guy, if you think he is A-ok, thats fine with me. Personally, i think he resents the Cowboys and enjoys laughing at the Cowboys misfortune. Maybe he doesnt like Jerry Jones or what the Cowboys represent, i dont know. I would love nothing more than hear him not speak another word about the Cowboys and i think he is highly over-rated, him and Joe “baseball” Buck.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Most satellite or cable boxes can be ran back a few seconds to account for the delay you might have from radio or the internet.

I plan on listening through XM and turning the TV sound off.

I'd rather not listen to 3 hours of Aikman pointing out Dallas' shortcomings (even those they don't really have) and talking about how they have the T'giving advantage, and Buck's righteous indignation over TO. I'd much rather hear Moose's crew.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I noticed the Cowboy hatred from Buck during the San Fran game. Our defense has two goal line stands and allows 6 points in the first half and Buck's comment was : And a Dallas defense that has played..........okay." Okay? whatever. If it was anyone else, it would have been "a defense that has played stellar!"
:rolleyes:

lspain1

Reaction score
Fletch;2445392 said:
I for one am tired of Aikman and Buck's commentary when it comes to Cowboy's games.

+1.

I can't stand them. Almost no analysis with very few replays. I like to hear why plays don't work and Aikman NEVER addresses that kind of subject. IMO, they simply aren't very good. I pretty much turn the sound down on them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everlastingxxx;2445450 said:
Also, i think FOX should spend more time updating the lame graphics instead of spending money on the damn robot.
:hammer:

I still don't get what a robot and football have in common.

JMech

Reaction score
cwbyfan72;2445523 said:
I noticed the Cowboy hatred from Buck during the San Fran game. Our defense has two goal line stands and allows 6 points in the first half and Buck's comment was : And a Dallas defense that has played..........okay." Okay? whatever. If it was anyone else, it would have been "a defense that has played stellar!"
:rolleyes:

Okay, I am with you. Buck's anti-Cowboys comments through that game were absolutely ridiculous.

So instead of us sitting around here and whining, does anyone out there have an email location for FOX to drown them with our sentiments? I would send 20 messages a day calling for his firing. He is an idiot.

Aikman is okay but he has to downplay his Cowboys past and not appear to opposed to the bozo Buck.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Just have 25 - 40 people come over and you won't have to hear a thing, because the people wont shut up anyways. Get that bar atmosphere going (minus the smoke).

JPM

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2445555 said:
:hammer:

I still don't get what a robot and football have in common.
He's holding a football !

cml750

Reaction score
I believe Troy tries to show he is not a Cowboy homer. Unfortunately he goes way overboard with it. I like listening to him when he does other games, I just don't like when he does ours. Buck on the other hand sucks all the time.