Replacing Aikman and Buck

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Fletch;2445392 said:
Question for the Cowboy's faithful. I for one am tired of Aikman and Buck's commentary when it comes to Cowboy's games. My father-in-law runs Sirius Radio out of his pickup. My wife and I have Direct TV. Out of the two, is there anyway I can mute the nationally televised game, and just have Brad Sham and whoever on Sirius?

Let me know please. Thanks!

To each his own I guess. I like Aikman a lot as an announcer. I like that he isn't a homer like so many former players (Sonny Jurgensen for instance). I don't always agree with his take on things but I think he tries hard to fair and unbiased in his assessments and comments. I find it admirable that he can separate himself from his former team and do the job he is paid to do without using his position to force his agenda.

I also think that Troy has been upset, and rightfully so, about the way the Cowboys have been run the last several years. He was not happy when Jimmy left and Switzer was hired, he was unhappy with some of the decisions that were made when he was playing and has b een even more upset since he retired.

He & Jerry seem to be on friendly terms still but I don't believe Aikman thinks much of Jerry as a GM. Frankly, Troy voices many of the same complaints most of us do here, he just does them publicly, and gets bashed by Cowboys fans who used to cheer him.

Kilyin

Reaction score
cwbyfan72;2445523 said:
I noticed the Cowboy hatred from Buck during the San Fran game. Our defense has two goal line stands and allows 6 points in the first half and Buck's comment was : And a Dallas defense that has played..........okay." Okay? whatever. If it was anyone else, it would have been "a defense that has played stellar!"
:rolleyes:

He also said at one point in the second quarter, "And if you take away that 75 yard touchdown to Terrell Owens, the Cowboys haven't done much offensively."

That's not how it works Joe. You can't just 'take away' certain plays to fit your agenda.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Kilyin;2445603 said:
He also said at one point in the second quarter, "And if you take away that 75 yard touchdown to Terrell Owens, the Cowboys haven't done much offensively."

That's not how it works Joe. You can't just 'take away' certain plays to fit your agenda.

remember that one too!
:eek:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Kilyin;2445603 said:

He was talking about how bad the offense had played to the point in the game commentators do it all the time in games not just Aikman :bang2:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
THUMPER;2445601 said:
To each his own I guess. I like Aikman a lot as an announcer. I like that he isn't a homer like so many former players (Sonny Jurgensen for instance). I don't always agree with his take on things but I think he tries hard to fair and unbiased in his assessments and comments. I find it admirable that he can separate himself from his former team and do the job he is paid to do without using his position to force his agenda.

I also think that Troy has been upset, and rightfully so, about the way the Cowboys have been run the last several years. He was not happy when Jimmy left and Switzer was hired, he was unhappy with some of the decisions that were made when he was playing and has b een even more upset since he retired.

He & Jerry seem to be on friendly terms still but I don't believe Aikman thinks much of Jerry as a GM. Frankly, Troy voices many of the same complaints most of us do here, he just does them publicly, and gets bashed by Cowboys fans who used to cheer him.

I with you Thumper I like Aikman; but I have never liked Buck i preferred the Aikman + Moose combo myself.

I just think most Cowboy fans want him to be a homer despite what they say and are upset he is not; which translates to Aikman hates the Cowboys.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2445673 said:
He was talking about how bad the offense had played to the point in the game commentators do it all the time in games not just Aikman

The Cowboys offense had only gone three and out twice, and scored that touchdown in the beginning of the 2nd quarter on their third possession. They had a couple of miscues, but weren't playing 'bad' by any stretch.

Most announcers don't arbitrarily take touchdowns away when assessing the performance of an offense, unless they have preconceived notions they can't let go of, like Joe Cluck.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2445450 said:
I cant stand Aikman and Buck, i know the smart posters here love those guys, but i cant stand them. I think Aikman is a ******* and a trader and Buck is gay undercover. I do enjoy the B team, Johnson, he is Cowboy to the the bone. I suggest using the mute button. Also, i think FOX should spend more time updating the lame graphics instead of spending money on the damn robot.

:bow:

silver

Reaction score
i love me some aikman. don't care one way or another with buck. they should pair aikman and the moose on monday nights, that would draw me back for instance. i stopped watching MNF ever since they moved it to espn. on the other hand i now never miss sunday night football with madden although i cant stand al michaels.

1fisher

Reaction score
THUMPER;2445601 said:

I'm past the "Aikman played for Dallas" thing............. He's loud and irritating....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
cwbyfan72;2445523 said:
I noticed the Cowboy hatred from Buck during the San Fran game. Our defense has two goal line stands and allows 6 points in the first half and Buck's comment was : And a Dallas defense that has played..........okay." Okay? whatever. If it was anyone else, it would have been "a defense that has played stellar!"
:rolleyes:

In what world is giving up 150+ yards in a quarter "stellar?"

They were just Ok in the first quarter. They let the 9ers drive down the field. It's only because of holding them to the field goals that it was "okay" and not "awful."

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2445749 said:
In what world is giving up 150+ yards in a quarter "stellar?"

They were just Ok in the first quarter. They let the 9ers drive down the field. It's only because of holding them to the field goals that it was "okay" and not "awful."

having the ball inside the 5 twice and coming away with 6 points, is better than okay. Plus the 2 saks by spence and ware to force the blocked punt. And giving up yards is alot different than giving up pts...Good would have been my comment.

Reaction score
Aikman and Buck are adequate....

No one likes Aikman because he tries too hard to be unbiased and Buck because he is constantly swinging on Troy's nads....

They are good at what they do and if they are doing the game, its SUPPOSED to be a good one so I will take it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2445555 said:
:hammer:

I still don't get what a robot and football have in common.
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/footballrobots.jpg

I don't know either, but if you ever find out what they have in common, you better let me know!!! :mad:

:)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;2445773 said:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/footballrobots.jpg

I don't know either, but if you ever find out what they have in common, you better let me know!!! :mad:

:)

TOUCHE'! :lmao: :lmao2: :laugh2: I hope we control the robot today.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
giving up yds is important.

Aikman is annoying at times. He is arrogant. But then for what he's done perhaps he's humble.

Buck is a tool. He's a nerd making millions. That's irritating.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2445767 said:
Aikman and Buck are adequate....

No one likes Aikman because he tries too hard to be unbiased and Buck because he is constantly swinging on Troy's nads....

They are good at what they do and if they are doing the game, its SUPPOSED to be a good one so I will take it!
Wake up! Buck hates the cowboys just like his dad did. and Aikman is now a cowboy hater.take the blinders off. i cant stand either one of them.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I can't wait till I get XM I can't stand listening to Buck and Aikman. Aikman Is a anti Cowboy when it comes to anouncing.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like them

I guess it's because I'm either lulled to sleep by Jim Nantz, or am getting my ear yelled off by Ron Jaworski

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2446048 said:
giving up yds is important.

Aikman is annoying at times. He is arrogant. But then for what he's done perhaps he's humble.

Buck is a tool. He's a nerd making millions. That's irritating.

I don't think that at all, I just don't think he wants you to see his emotions, or doesn't know how to convey them

I think he wants to present as even a keel as possible