Replacing Heath among top priorities

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah. He's the fastest guy on the roster and has earned a spot on the 53, but he should be the third or fourth safety on the roster and really focus on special teams. If you can improve do it.

We have the cap space to retain all our guys.

I feel if we are able to move these certain players to one depth position lower that our team will improve immensely:
Heath
A Woods
M Collins
Gallup
Jarwin

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Fan favorite?? What? I've been lamenting his position on this team for years, since he and Bruce Carter's infamous give-up play against the Giants. God, how long has that been now?

Yeah this confused me. Heath is not a fan favorite. At all. Sean Lee is a fan favorite. Heath is just a very bad safety. He's a special teams player at best.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
We have the cap space to retain all our guys.

I feel if we are able to move these certain players to one depth position lower that our team will improve immensely:
Heath
A Woods
M Collins
Gallup
Jarwin

Lol I mean anytime you can move a starter to depth because you upgraded, taht's going to be true.

Heath and/or Woods for sure, but if you improve Heath I'm not sure Woods doesn't keep getting better. I really like him, but he wasn't his best against the Rams.

I like Collins a lot and thought he played reasonably well. I'd rather Woods be moved to reserve with a better player for the nose and split snaps between Collins and Crawford.

Gallup is going to be a starter, and IMO he earned it.

Any of the TEs can be upgraded. They got a lot better in the passing game but none of them really came out as a competent blocker.

Dre11

Reaction score
How about 3rd and 7. Do or die, have to get the ball back to stay alive. And Jeff Heath stood there like a deer in the headlights and let slow azzz goff run for the first.

Heath's first responsibility was the TE . When the TE, blocked down, his eyes went to Gurley for the run, he just got fooled by the action of the fake handoff and took a step inside.

pacboyX

Reaction score
Yeah. He's the fastest guy on the roster and has earned a spot on the 53, but he should be the third or fourth safety on the roster and really focus on special teams. If you can improve do it.

What does being fast straight line mean when you have terrible hips? It means special teams

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol I mean anytime you can move a starter to depth because you upgraded, taht's going to be true.

Heath and/or Woods for sure, but if you improve Heath I'm not sure Woods doesn't keep getting better. I really like him, but he wasn't his best against the Rams.

I like Collins a lot and thought he played reasonably well. I'd rather Woods be moved to reserve with a better player for the nose and split snaps between Collins and Crawford.

Gallup is going to be a starter, and IMO he earned it.

Any of the TEs can be upgraded. They got a lot better in the passing game but none of them really came out as a competent blocker.

The reasoning I put Gallup is this

This is a passing league and the more weapons the better. Gallup was already a below average to average starting WR2 in his rookie season. I think he can become a legit top tier WR2 as soon as next season, but we would be put in an even better spot if we were to add an upgrade over him in the slot to act as WR2 and have Gallup as an elite WR3 starting from the Y. It's semantics really, but what I'm trying to say is we have to have an elite receiving corp(this includes all pass catchers) in order to win the big dance.

Fully healthy Oline with Tyron, Fred, and Martin
Cooper-Legit WR1
Big body slot WR2- ?
Gallup- Elite(hopefully) WR3
Jarwin- respectable TE2
Legit TE1- ?
Zeke- Stud RB

We are almost there.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yeah this confused me. Heath is not a fan favorite. At all. Sean Lee is a fan favorite. Heath is just a very bad safety. He's a special teams player at best.
You'd be surprised how much flack I caught when suggesting upgrading from him this past offseason.

All I got was hate messages with the word "playmaker" and "he makes plays" a million times over.

I think he easily had fit the mold of fan favorite.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The reasoning I put Gallup is this

This is a passing league and the more weapons the better. Gallup was already a below average to average starting WR2 in his rookie season. I think he can become a legit top tier WR2 as soon as next season, but we would be put in an even better spot if we were to add an upgrade over him in the slot to act as WR2 and have Gallup as an elite WR3 starting from the Y. It's semantics really, but what I'm trying to say is we have to have an elite receiving corp(this includes all pass catchers) in order to win the big dance.

Fully healthy Oline with Tyron, Fred, and Martin
Cooper-Legit WR1
Big body slot WR2- ?
Gallup- Elite(hopefully) WR3
Jarwin- respectable TE2
Legit TE1- ?
Zeke- Stud RB

We are almost there.

Yeah I totally agree. Basically what you're saying (and I agree with) is that it would be foolhardy to go into 2019 thinking that the Cooper trade alone fixed the WR corps. Right now, we've got a blue chipper in Cooper and an excellent prospect in Gallup. Noah Brown presents some nice options here and there, but I'd much prefer him to be my 4th or 5th guy than my third.

This is all assuming Beasley is gone, whcih I think is a safe assumption.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Heath's first responsibility was the TE . When the TE, blocked down, his eyes went to Gurley for the run, he just got fooled by the action of the fake handoff and took a step inside.

Right a backup player getting faked out and not having the skill to make up for it.

The fact that you think your post is a defense of why he should still be starting doesn’t make sense.

I just don’t think Heath is anything special. He really is very very mediocre. No reason they shouldn’t try to upgrade the position.

Heath is a backup level player. Nothing wrong with it. But it’s just the reality. And I like Heath as a player as a backup.

ICP

Reaction score
DJ Swearinger in FAgency....also Earl at FS ..draft a DT..and TE. .
Resign
Dak 15-18 mil
DLaw..
Cooper

Lee- retires
Beasley- sign if cheap or else replace through FA or draft..or Hurns
1) Stephen Jones basically said today that they don't really play the free agent game and that a big signing more than likely won't happen so you can nix Swearinger and ET.
2) I think Jerry (stupidly) gives Dak 25+ per year
3) DLaw and Coop will be resigned I agree I just hope they don't overpay but I expect they will.
4) I also hope Lee retires.
5) Beasley needs to be gone, mostly MIA For the last two seasons. I would like to see them bring in a guy like Tate but with Stephen's comments (see #1) I doubt that happens.

Dre11

Reaction score
Right a backup player getting faked out and not having the skill to make up for it.

The fact that you think your post is a defense of why he should still be starting doesn’t make sense.

Lol...first I never said he should be starting anywhere, second, I've seen Ware and Lawerence get taking to school on fakes, it happens to the best of them. he's an average safety, but give the Rams credit for gambling on 3-7 with Geoff there.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I doubt he’s faster than Tavon but I’d be ok with him staying on the team as a backup and ST guys. Cowboys just need to get better at safety. They got better at LB and the D really improved. I really think they could be elite with a very good safety and more DL help.

ksadler1

Reaction score
1) Stephen Jones basically said today that they don't really play the free agent game and that a big signing more than likely won't happen so you can nix Swearinger and ET.
2) I think Jerry (stupidly) gives Dak 25+ per year
3) DLaw and Coop will be resigned I agree I just hope they don't overpay but I expect they will.
4) I also hope Lee retires.
5) Beasley needs to be gone, mostly MIA For the last two seasons. I would like to see them bring in a guy like Tate but with Stephen's comments (see #1) I doubt that happens.

Didn't Swearinger sign with the Cards? And Tate (the cheap shot artist)? I'd bring him in just to watch Lee kick his butt. . .

Reactions: ICP