Twitter: Report: Antwaun Woods Expected To Re-sign Soon

Tussinman

Reaction score
The interesting thing will be the final roster cuts of the defensive line for Woods just very well may get Trystin Hill booted off the roster either in a trade or roster release.

At the DT position you have the likes of free agent signings McCoy and Poe making the team, rookie draft pick Gallimore likely to make the team, and Woods and Hill battling it out for the likely 4th and final DT roster spot.

Also take into account that DE Crawford has experience as a DT and likely to make the team as a swing DE/DT then that puts even more pressure on Hill to make the team.

Given Dallas is likely to run a 4-3 and 3-4 interchanging hybrid that makes Hill even more expendable.
Agreed. They also have Justin Hamilton who has that swing ability as well and they really liked his attitude/hustle last year.

Hill will literally have to outplay all 3 of them to get a roster spot

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well its not like he had a bunch of offers on the table, so not surprised he resigned.

Dude is a jag as a starter, but as a backup he could fit in really good.

Prossman

Reaction score
Lets be real, the defense will suck once again this season.

The DTs will be marginally better than last year, but thats about it
Last year teams doubled both our defensive ends the majority of the time because our DTS could be handled 1 on1 by most teams. That my friends is NOT happening this year. Poe will always require a double or he will make u pay. Gallimore will do the same and he is our back up 3t. Our linebackers will be free to run to the ball vs shedding guards on every play. We can also push pockets in the face of Qbs making the scramble vs standing there and picking us apart. If we can get anything out of hill and this could be a nasty group.

Prossman

Reaction score
When Woods was out or injured last year we were trash.
His value was seen in his absence.
We didn't have anyone else behind Woods. A bunch of scrubs and Hill was always inactive being in Marenelli's dog house. Without Irvin Marenelli's dend as dt pass rushers was a complete failure. Woods should have never been our starting 1 tech. Our backup 1tech like he is now is perfect.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What exactly about him are we supposed to appreciate?

We went out and signed not one, but TWO DT's in FA that are the complete opposite of this guy and then used a 3rd round pick an another one. Unless there is an injury he probably wont even make the team.
What does that have to do with Woods?

Seems to be zero correlation

pgreptom

Reaction score
According to the stats in NFL.com we gave up 4.1 yards per carry last year. That's actually pretty solid. No team gave up 6.

I have no idea what I was looking at last night. I hit the bottle a little too hard. My apologies. "Do not post when sipping Makers Mark"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What does that have to do with Woods?

Seems to be zero correlation

LOL...……..I guess you cant see the connection.

Woods was one of our main DT's and was starting at times. Cowboys went out and signed two starters at DT. That was obviously because they didn't like who was starting. And then drafted one in the 3rd round.

Still don't see the correlation?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL...……..I guess you cant see the connection.

Woods was one of our main DT's and was starting at times. Cowboys went out and signed two starters at DT. That was obviously because they didn't like who was starting. And then drafted one in the 3rd round.

Still don't see the correlation?

Him being underappreciated has no correlation to outside FA signings or draft picks.

The fact you can't understand that is well..... sad LMAO

:lmao2:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea what I was looking at last night. I hit the bottle a little too hard. My apologies. "Do not post when sipping Makers Mark"
You should have seen a couple of work e-mails I sent several years ago while coming out from under anesthesia. Lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You get diminishing returns the longer you trot him out there but Woods is a solid rotational piece. I’m glad we look to be bringing him back onboard.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Tank | Randy | Anae
McCoy | Gallimore
Poe | Woods
Crawford | Aldon Smith
Wolf Hunter | Joe Thomas
Jaylon |
Sean Lee |

That front 7 bout to be real nasty :thumbup:

giphy.gif

More like above average.

The defense on paper is unimpressive to me and Mike Nolan is the Jason Garrett of defensive coordinators.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We didn't have anyone else behind Woods. A bunch of scrubs and Hill was always inactive being in Marenelli's dog house. Without Irvin Marenelli's dend as dt pass rushers was a complete failure. Woods should have never been our starting 1 tech. Our backup 1tech like he is now is perfect.
I mean not sure what to say here other than if a single guy can prop up your run stop game he is probably at least OK....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I never said it did. Poor guy, you cant even follow a conversation.
Lmao here is your post
"
  1. What exactly about him are we supposed to appreciate?

We went out and signed not one, but TWO DT's in FA that are the complete opposite of this guy and then used a 3rd round pick an another one. Unless there is an injury he probably wont even make the team"
    • Directly trying to correlate being underappreciated to our recent signings and draft pick.

You're making a case for being the biggest idiot on the site.

You lose again. I really don't even want to make you look bad, you just make it so easy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Last year teams doubled both our defensive ends the majority of the time because our DTS could be handled 1 on1 by most teams. That my friends is NOT happening this year. Poe will always require a double or he will make u pay. Gallimore will do the same and he is our back up 3t. Our linebackers will be free to run to the ball vs shedding guards on every play. We can also push pockets in the face of Qbs making the scramble vs standing there and picking us apart. If we can get anything out of hill and this could be a nasty group.
All that and McCoy is our best DL.