Report: Cowboys, Dak Prescott haven’t negotiated since March

J12B

Reaction score
This means one of two things:

1) They had a deal near done back then and said let's drag this out until the deadline.

Or;

2) No long term deal is happening and Dak will play on the tag.

JBS

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised this isn't going to get done..dak might be here for 2021 w one more tag and that's it..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm honestly surprised this isn't going to get done..dak might be here for 2021 w one more tag and that's it..
Unless you're a minor stop dreaming here....and to add unless Dak has a KILLER season like no other and we end up in the NFC Championship game he is a goner!!!
P.S.My personal take is that Jerry felt obligated to give this young man a last big payout prior to showing him the door!

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t wait to hear from all of the Slobbering Daksters on why Jerry is making a huge mistake not locking up Prescott now.
Their mission here is almost DOA as even they can smell the road-kill here.

morat1959

Reaction score
Unless you're a minor stop dreaming here....and to add unless Dak has a KILLER season like no other and we end up in the NFC Championship game he is a goner!!!
P.S.My personal take is that Jerry felt obligated to give this young man a last big payout prior to showing him the door!
Don’t think MM didn’t come in at look at lots of film on Dak. He knows Dak is just not a very good. Hopefully he stops JJ from sinking us for 4-5 more years.

JBS

Reaction score
Cool story bro

aria

Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be something? Dak and zeke leafing together at the same time. There wood be lots of hugs and tears amongst all Cowboys fans.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thank Todd France for all of this. I'm actually on the Jones' side of this thing. They were rumored to have made a similiar offer that Wentz/Goff got, but Dak, or rather Todd ***** France, said nah. Well, play under the Tag then, *****. I don't know if we can find another starter quality QB in the next few years if not Dak, but I'm growing quickly tired of Dallas continually being held hostage by player's agents to pay top dollar for not the absolute top player at their position. Zeke was a year early on his extension, too.

Swagger

Reaction score
That does actually make sense. Jerry likes to pay guys for putting in a shift. Nobody disagrees that Prescott has been underpaid over the past four seasons. So paying him on the tag is like back pay. We couldn't really use the money to a great extent now for this season any way and he plays out one more year as a last hurrah.

Although I genuinely think Dalton has a fair shake of taking over at some point during the season.

So if there's no long term deal for Prescott, he gets his back pay, we get to offload him after the season. Prescott will earn more money elsewhere at a desperate franchise and we draft a QB who will fully utilise this explosive offense. Everyone wins.

I'm good with that.