Report: Cowboys hire Brian Adams as scout

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I don't even know who Brian Adams is - the musician or the scout. :oops:

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
not sure why, but this thread reminds of an American psycho scene.

• Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
  • In '87, Huey released this, Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square", a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself! Hey Paul!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
not sure why, but this thread reminds of an American psycho scene.

• Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
  • In '87, Huey released this, Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square", a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself! Hey Paul!

WELL. THAT WAS SOME INFORMATION EVERYONE WANTED TO HEAR..................NEVER.

;)

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Some of you guys are really showing your age :laugh:

Signing Brian Adams this offseason is all that I wanted. I can't believe it, we're in Heaven!

rockj7

Reaction score
Sorry fellas for those born after 82 may I ask who is this musician your jokes are referencing?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You could really make a very solid article about football using the titles of his songs.